Chapter Eight

Chapter 8

Discharged from hospital and nursey takeover, it has been brought forward a week, Marjorie is still unsure about reading the information about her daughter.

TW Child abuse

Marjorie's POV

"I'm so glad to be out of hospital, I'm still reeling from Mia had told me, I still must decide whether to read in information about the baby I had when I was 15. I spent most of last night talking to Reece on the phone, it's Monday morning, I'm still in bed I can hear movement downstairs, I decided to get up, it was 7am, I head downstairs and walk into the kitchen, I'm greeted by a wonderful sight of Siobhan, Vivian and Jamie having breakfast and chatting about their day ahead "Good morning " Vivian says

"Would you like a cup of coffee?" Siobhan asks

I still can't stomach it "Could I have a cup of tea?"

"Of course there is some in the pot" Vivian adds

I pour myself a cup of tea and settle next to Jamie "When will you be back at my Nursery?" he asks "We all miss you" he added

"In a couple of weeks, I'm still not feeling well to tackle you kids yet" I reply

He seemed happy with that answer, Vivian gets him ready for nursery "Say hello from me to everyone please Jamie"

"I will"

Siobhan gets up and sees them to the door, Vivian whispered something to her, then they shared a loving tender kiss, and Siobhan walked back into the kitchen.

"Are you ready for today?" I asked Siobhan

"Yes, Reece and Autumn have worked so hard to get everything ready, the whole business plan is amazing, and now as Roger is being implicated by your stepfather, he will want to sell the nurseries, then it will be run by people who care about the kids, and not profit."

I raise an eyebrow as I take a sip of my tea, "yes, I know that's all I was interested in when I was with Roger, but I have learnt my lesson, Vivian and Jamie have shown me there is more to life than money, in fact can I let you into a secret"

"Yes of course"

"I'm planning to propose to Vivian, I have the ring picked out, I'm going to collect it on my way into the office this week, I know we haven't been together long, but I don't see myself loving anyone else"

"Oh, Siobhan that's amazing, it's been wonderful seeing you so happy and away from Roger, you don't have to tell me if you don't want too, but if you ever want to talk, I'm here"

"Thank you, Marjorie, I know we haven't been close for a long time, it was all me, but I'm glad we are talking again, and hopefully we can be as close as we once were"

We sat chatting for a bit longer, then Vivian arrived back from taking Jamie to nursery.

"I thought you were working today?" I said

"No not today, I have taken this week off, so there is someone here with you, and so I can be home for Siobhan whilst the takeover is happening"

"You don't need to be here for me" I say

"Yes, I do, you can't use your left hand yet, so you will need some help, Laura asked me to keep an eye on you, she doesn't want you back on her operating table" she adds

"Well, I must be going, time to face Roger"

Vivian goes to stand up "It's okay baby, stay there I have made a fresh pot of tea" She kisses her gently on the cheek and heads off to work.