Chapter Eleven

Chapter 11

TW talk of violence, and a bit spicy

Marjorie's POV

We arrive outside my house, it's not home anymore hasn't been since the night of the attack, Reece was very quiet on the drive over, something caught his attention in the car park, then he rang someone he didn't say anything when he got in the car, I will ask him later. All three of us get out of the car, and walk up to the front door, there was still police tape on the door, it had been broken as Charlotte and Mia had been calling up to get things for me, I opened the door and stood there for a few minutes, the last time I stood here was the evening after the safeguarding meeting and the start of my nightmare.

There was a pile of post on the sideboard, and I could that Charlotte had tidied up downstairs, she had started packing things up downstairs too, my family photos, well the few photos I have of me and my real dad, and things that friends had given me over the years. I don't think there was anything else I wanted from downstairs. The next part is what I was dreading the last time I walked up the stairs I was feeling woozy and stumbling about, as I got to the top of the stairs, I had a flashback Reece was behind me, and he knew that something was off with me "What is it?" he asked

I looked at him, then spoke to Carly "Do you want to carry on to your room and get what you want to take with you, my darlin'?"

"Okay" she carried on to her room and shut the door

"Reece, I remembered something from that night, as I came up the stairs there was someone standing in the doorway of my bedroom, they were dressed in black, I could just make out their silhouette, I tried to get away, but I was too unsteady on my feet, they grabbed me, and pulled me back I fell and knocked my head. The next thing I remember is waking up in hospital" I started crying Reece took hold of me and cuddled me, I could smell his aftershave, this is my safe space enveloped in his arms.

"Hey, it's okay no-one can get to you now, I'm here to keep you and these two bubs' safe, but you need to tell the police what you have remembered it may help the investigation"

I nodded, still holding onto him "Come on let's get your stuff, anything else we can come and get on another day."

We walk into my bedroom laid out on the bed was the outfit I was going to put on, it was a new nightwear set, black lace, with stockings and suspenders and sky-high heels, Reece looked at the outfit picked it up and said "Thats coming with us for tonight"

I laughed "It may not fit me know, especially the top"

His eyes lit up "That's fine I love you topless anyway"

I picked up the photos from around my bed, and the little gifts Reece had given me over the time we had been together. I got my jewellery box, and a few other bits I wanted to take today, everything else I wanted I left in a pile on my bed, we would come and get everything when we were moving into our new home, I looked around my room, I did have a few good nights in here, especially since Reece came into my life. We come out of my room; Carly has a few things with her, pictures of her mum and dad and siblings, the picture of me and her on the first day she came to live with me and her teddies. I looked at my bathroom and I could still see the blood on the floor, I looked away and headed back downstairs, Reece had gone ahead and put the stuff in his car, I put my arm around Carly, and we walked over to his car.

We headed to Charlotte and Mia's to drop Carly off, when we arrived, we got out of the car we could hear laughing and screaming coming from the back garden, as we headed in, we were treated to a wonderful sight of Charlotte, Sofia and Libby ganging up on Mia in a water fight, all four of them were laughing, Sofia and Libby turned around and both came running over "Uncle Reece" they shouted they ran straight past me and into his arms, he lifted them both up in the air and turned them upside down they were both laughing