Chapter 49

SPOILER!!

I was about to say something to Aarav when I noticed Aarush and my eyes widened. Seeing my expression, Aarav turned around and his eyes widened too. A big smile spread across our faces. I quickly took out my phone from Aarav's pocket, where I had put it before coming and started recording.

I pointed the camera at Aarush, who was now holding onto the basket and standing up, trying to take wobbly steps forward. Aarav moved a bit ahead and kneeled, spreading his arms towards Aarush.

"Come on, Champ, you can do it," he encouraged with a full-blown grin on his face.

"Yes, baby, come to your Mamma and Papa," I too encouraged him, kneeling beside Aarav.

Aarush giggled, showing off his toothy smile, his hands in the air. He took two more steps without any support. Aarav clapped twice, encouraging him more. He was just a few steps away from us. Finally, Aarush took three more wobbly steps and threw himself into Aarav's arms, now a giggling mess as we both laughed.

Aarav stood up, hugged him tightly, and kissed him all over his face. "You did it, Aaru!" he exclaimed. Then he looked at me, and I had tears of joy in my eyes.

Aarav pulled me into his embrace. "I told you everything would be fine," I whispered, and he just nodded, kissing my forehead.

I stopped the video and hugged Aarush, taking him from Aarav. "So proud of you, baby," I kissed his chubby cheeks, and he giggled.

"Also, your Sneha Mamma is proud too," I said to Aarush as he looked at me with big doe eyes. "She loves you too, baby," I kissed his forehead. "I'm happy Aarush took his first steps here, with Sneha and us," I said to Aarav, and he smiled at us as he slid one hand around me.

.

.

.

The Book is COMPLETED on ScrollStack.

The chapter here will be unlocked only when the TARGET is Completed!!