Mysteries

Harry wandered the corridors aimlessly. It was short after dinner but he didn't want to go to his detention right away since the slightest thought about yesterday's events made him blush. He couldn't face Snape again. He really couldn't. But of course he had to, because he was the boy who wrecked the potion lab. The whole day cheers had accompanied everywhere war shipping his sacrifice. And it really was a sacrifice because the murderous glances Snape pierced him with whenever they met in the corridors only became more menacing with every new song. Harry shivered. Time to accept his fate. As he stood before the office door he took a few calming breaths. He would need them. After all he would face the devil. He knocked and the door opened instantly giving him way to hell. Uncertainly he entered the room. "Good evening, professor." He mumbled shyly. "You are late, Potter." Snape greeted him. Harry tried to look as apologetic as possible. Obviously it worked because Snape drawled bored. "Today I want you to resume to clean up the laboratory." Immediately Harry turned around, happy to flee from Snape so soon. "But first I want you to drink this." The professor hold a vial in his outstretched hand. "What is it?" Harry asked suspiciously. "Don't ask stupid questions. It's just a potion to cure those infections on your legs." Snape spat. Harry blushed and took the potion. "Thank you, professor." He mumbled. "Since we don't want our hero who blew the laboratory to unfasten his pants again." Snape sneered. Harry looked at him in horror and fled from the room.

In the destroyed lab Harry needed some minutes to calm down entirely. Why was this man always so cruel? He looked at the vial in his hand and smiled. At second thought he maybe wasn't so bad after all? Gratefully he downed the potion and began to work his way through the mess. After a while he wondered if Snape wasn't going to check on his work. As the man hadn't showed up almost the whole evening Harry dared to take short break. His back hurt from all the cleaning he had done and there was still so much to do. Suddenly he heard the angry voice of the potionmaster from behind: "Potter, did I say you were allowed to stop working?" Terrified Harry turned around. Snape look as he wanted to threw something at him. "I just took a short break. I didn't know I wasn't supposed to." Harry defended himself. "May I remind you that you will serve detention til the whole laboratory is fixed?" The potionmaster smiled nastily. "But without magic this will take weeks." Harry cried. "Then I suggest you continue working." The potionmaster said smugly and left the room. Harry gaped back at him. Slimy bastard. How could he do this to him? Harry looked at the mess that still surrounded him. If he only was supposed to do magic. It would only take seconds to rebuild everything. Why the hell did one need a wand to work spells? Harry frowned. He thought about that the rest of the evening. Why did wizards relay onto something that could be taken away so easily, weaken and disable them only in seconds? Why didn't spells work without a wand? He remembered how Snape literally never used his wands to work magic. Did the greasy git manage to use spells without a wand? Harry thought about it deeply. Dumbledore didn't seem to carry a wand with him either most of the time and still did magic. Probably it was possible for more trained wizards. Harry frowned. Still, he would show that asshole. Slowly Harry went to the middle of the room and took a long look, trying to memorize the damage he had to repair. Then he took a deep breath and reached out for his magic. Recently he had become much stronger, so he could literally hear his magic humming around him. He tried to focus the power. Instantly he saw little sparks surround him. No he didn't need such a destructive magic again, neither the gentle one he used to heal injuries. No, he needed something constructive and organizing. He waited some time to gather his energy while he imagined a completely fixed lab. Then he led go. He opened his eyes and saw everything fly to its place with such speed Harry almost got hit by a desk. Swiftly he saved himself to the door. Tired he watched the lab fixing itself. He hadn't estimated to release this much magic. But still everything went fine. Harry watched his work quite pleased. Yawning he let himself fall onto one of those repaired banks and instantly in deep slumber. After all he had earned it.