Plea

A few weeks later the triwizard torment was over and to everyone's surprise Cedric and Harry had won. This caused a downright uproar because it had never occurred that there were four participants in the tournament of whom two winners had to be awarded and one of those was youngest participant in history and also the boy who lived.

The never ending distressing flood of press conferences and meetings prevented Harry to come to terms with his last detention with Snape. Moreover his professor spared him in class nowadays and Harry really tried his best to avoid any further encounter with the man. But there was one thing amiss. He needed Snape. The triwizard tournament had taught him how dangerous the world was and what little he knew. He needed someone to teach him, someone with real expertise who knew the light and the dark. He wanted Snape to teach him. But Harry estimated the likelihood the greasy git would do it after everything that happened was more than doubtful.

Nevertheless one evening Harry went to Snape's office. He had to convince the man he was the only one who could do the job as if his life depended on it. Well, it did.

He took a few calming breaths before he knocked on the door. Soon after he heard the professors deep voice call: "You may come in."

To Harry's astonishment Snape seemed to have awaited him as he rushed in his office. "I need to talk to you, sir." "Well, now, Potter, have a seat." Harry sat on the stool while Snape leaned arms crossed onto his desk and stared down at the boy. "Tell me what you have to say, Potter." Harry squared his shoulders and said in an even voice: "Professor Snape, please teach me defending myself."

Well, that was not what Snape had expected at all. Taken aback Snape looked at the boy. At least he had anticipated that. "Why do you want me to teach you?" He asked stiffly. "You are a deatheater and a spy. You have such abilities I need and want to learn. So please. I'll do anything you want." Harry begged. As Snape said nothing he added slowly. "Besides Dumbledore probably wouldn't have time for me and you can be a good teacher, you know?" Snape remained silent determining the right decision while he admired the boys face. He had missed Harry looking at him in such outright awe. "Alright." The potionmaster gave in then. "I'll teach you but on my conditions." Harry's gaze intensified in pure joy. Snape felt really pissed off by such an amount of gratitude and decided it would be best to let slip some hideous conditions which should fix this. "My conditions are", he began, obviously enjoying every syllable, "Firstly, you must do whatever I command, Potter." Harry nodded. "Secondly, I decide what you will learn and what not. Thirdly, you will not tell anyone about our arrangement. Is that clear?" The potionmaster hissed. "Yes, sir." Still the boys expression didn't alter. He really pissed Snape off. Suddenly the young man asked. "Are you free this summer?" He would do everything it would take to never see his relatives again. Snape arched an eyebrow. "I just don't want something like last summer to replay itself." Harry explained. As the older man still didn't answer Harry whispered growing nervous: "I need someone to protect me til I can protect myself." Snape gazed at him stunned. Why did the cocky and famous golden boy show such humility? "I will talk about this with the headmaster and I will inform you about further arrangements regarding your lessons." He named his decision curtly. Harry nodded in agreement. That had went better then anticipated. "You may go now." Snape rose from his position to guide Harry to the door. "Ehm, thank you." The boy said hiding an obvious smile. "I'll make you pay for it." Snape muttered as he closed the door shut. Now he had to convince Albus why the boy needed private lessons and why he of all people needed to stay with him over the summer break. But he guessed it would not be that difficult. After all, the old coot hadn't ever been shy about asserting tasks to him. But he had do be careful after all. A dark desire was building up within him, one he could never give in to.