Chapter 34

Lexi's POV

*Next morning back at the house*

"DAD???" I screamed looking for dad. Hunter and Ryan dropped us off at the house a couple minutes ago. I can't find dad anywhere, he usually is exited to see me and hear about my date.

I ran up to his room and the door was shut. I knocked on the door and slowly opened it and peeked inside.

He turned around facing the wall so I couldn't see his face but there were a ton of tissues on his bed and it seemed like he had been crying.

I ran over to him and embraced him in a long hug. His face was really red and his eyes were puffy.

After crying on my shoulder he explained that he and Tyler had broken up last night. He said Tyler had accidentally called him while he was with another guy.

He called Tyler later about it and Tyler was very rude about it  so Connor ended the relationship. I was crying along with him because Tyler was like family to me.

Soon, Skye and Ryan walked in.

They asked what had happened, and I quickly explained.

Skye's POV

I can't believe that Tyler would do that to Connor. He seemed like such a nice person. But I guess people aren't always what they seem.

For example, from far away Ryan seems like a calm person, but he is the exact opposite.

"I would offer to make cookies, but we all know how that would end," Ryan said, breaking the awkwardness.

Connor smiled a bit.

I wasn't  actually a bad cook if I was in the kitchen by myself, but when Ryan was there, everything always went wrong.

"Why don't we all go out for Starbucks?" Lexi asked.

"Drinks are on Ryan," I called out.

"WHAT!?" Ryan exclaimed.

I shrugged. Haha I'm so evil.

Besides, he has broken half of our house.

Connor drove us to Starbucks. We all told him our orders, then went to go sit down.

"Guys." I said slowly.

"What?"

"Don't look now, but Tyler is here and he is sitting with another guy," I told them.

Ryan, not taking my advice, turned around.

"We have to distract Connor," Lexi whispered.

"Tell him you guys got your periods and that you have to leave," Ryan suggested.

"At the same time?" We asked in unison.

"Well you guys do everything else at the same time. Besides, I saw a BuzzFeed video that girls have synchronized periods," he replied.

"The same week, not minute," Lexi rolled her eyes.

Lexi got up and headed over to Connor, we crossed our fingers and hoped that he wouldn't turn around and see Tyler.

Our mission was almost accomplished, when Connor suddenly ran back into the shop to get straws.

He soon came out with tears in his eyes.

Lexi's POV

I got out of the car and started talking to Connor. I gave him a mini pep talk that apparently worked because he was better by the time he got in the car.

We drove home and Connor got the mail and picked up the newspaper on the way in. I went to the living room and Connor went to the kitchen.

"LEXI, SKYE, MAIL FOR YOU!" Connor yelled.

He handed us an envelope with Skye and Lexi written on the back in pretty handwriting

I went to open it but Ryan snatched from me.

"I want to open it!!" He whined like a kid.

"Fine but let us see whats inside," Lexi said.

He opened it and looked at the paper confused....