Chapter 24

A/n
Sry for such a long wait on the last chapter. Right
Now In the book it is fall but soon I will skip to winter
But WE HIT 5k😭😭😭crying rn u guys make me so happy!!! contest coming up!! Ik ppl Read this but can u guys comment it gives me inspiration to write. also if u hv plot Ideas PLZ message them to me or kik me (cloudpinkashley) or Insta @madelinemendes
anyways
Xoxo
Maddie and Abby

Lexi's POV

        I quickly mounted April from the ground and rode over to a rock and had Maggie get on.

"Hold on tight and let's try to find my friends house."

        I have a pretty good sense of direction so I rode where I thought we came from.

" So, you got adopted by 02l right!?"

I explained everything to her as we rode.

        *crunch,crunch,pow* a gunshot rang out from what sounded like 30 feet behind us.

         April bolted while I held onto Maggie tight. All the sudden, as if in a movie I saw light. A house... AMBER'S HOUSE. I rode into the barn and put April away.

        I ran into the house with Maggie and hugged Amber's mom. By this time I was crying by this time because I was so happy to be in a house. I suddenly grabbed my phone and told Amber's mom to call Robyn. I called Amber:

L-get home NOW
A- okay y?
L- there's a gunman in the forest just get home.
A- okay I'll get Anna and head home.
*bang*
Beep
        The line went dead
        Robyn ran inside and hugged me and Maggie "I am so glad you're okay lock all the doors and all the windows." we all frantically ran to close them.

         "MOM!" Amber screamed as if she were crying.

        "The guy shot Charm and Prince," Amber could barely talk.

No one even asked who Maggie was . Robyn took Anna to the basement because there were no windows in case this guy did come.

         "Hi," Maggie said to Amber and her mom

        "I'm Amber,"

         "I'm her mom but you can call me Nicole."

         "Can I use your phone to call the police please?" Maggie asked.

         "Yes dear, go ahead, we need it quickly," Amber's mom replied. She got on the phone and hung up within minutes.

        "They are coming and said to stay calm."

         The barn was locked so we ran out there and bandaged the Charm's leg. The bullet just skinned his right front leg so it was bleeding a bit but he could walk and probably couldn't be ridden for a little.

        As for Prince, the bullet barely touched him but we bandaged it anyways. Nicole was a horse riding instructor and a part time vet so she knew how to do this.

         "Prince looks fine, the bullet barely touched him. As for Charm, he may not be able to be ridden for a while just to be safe."

Amber cried and me and Maggie hugged her comforting her.

*knock knock*       

         "ITS THE POLICE OPEN UP"