Chapter 25

2 YEARS LATER:

Skye's POV

        I took a deep breath, and one last look in the mirror. It was the night of our sixteenth birthday.

        I spun around one more time. I was wearing a short black dress that had taken forever to find at the mall.

        I had changed a lot over the years. I am still really shy, and Ryan is pretty much my only friend. That's right, we are still just friends.

        "Come out of the the bathroom Skye,"I hear Ryan exclaim from outside the door.

        Lexi had forced me to let Andrea curl my hair, which didn't look too bad. She had then put a bow in it and left.

        I groaned, but opened the door. The second I stepped out, Ryan handed me a tie.

        "Please help me, I have been trying to put it on but it won't stay."Ryan complained.

        "Ry, I have never put a tie on anyone before, what makes you think I'll be able to do it?" I asked as I reached up on my tippy toes to wrap it around his neck.

        I am what you would call 'vertically challenged'. I stopped growing at 5"1, while Lexi is like 5"4.

        Ryan, is over six feet, causing him to have to bend his knees in every photo we take together. I also wear like 5 inch heels whenever we go somewhere fancy.

        "I GOT IT!"I exclaimed, happily looking at my achievement.

        "And then you yelled in my ear!" Ryan said in the same tone. I laughed while he glared at me.

        "Ugh, I can't believe I'm turning 16!"I said as I flopped down on the couch in my room.

        "Your dad is never going to let you drive," Ryan replied smiling.

        "I'm just glad that they aren't gonna force me to wear make-up."I said in relief.

        "Hey that's a good idea!"I heard Lexi's voice say from the other side of the door. Either she is eavesdropping, or has amazing hearing.

        "Noo! Ryan quick let me hide behind you or something."I said as I dove behind him.

        I heard him chuckle before saying, "Ow, your dress is scratching me."

        "I know, tell me about it. At least you're not the one wearing it for the rest of the night," I replied.

        "Don't ruin the curls!" I hear Andrea yell.

        I groaned and sat up.

A couple minutes later she and Lexi burst into the room to do my makeup.

They didn't do anything bold (thank God), but they gave me a winged eyeliner look and some nude lipstick.

The also forced me to wear false lashes which I knew were going to bug me later.

        "Heaven knows they're going to take a long time to get ready."Ryan says.

        "Why can't we go downstairs?"I asked bored.

        "Because they are setting up for the party!" Ryan said in a duh tone.

        On Ryan's birthday, we had just gone out for pizza and a movie. It was fun, but we almost got kicked out of the movie theater for throwing popcorn at people.

        "I forgot to say, you look beautiful."Ryan says looking at me. I could feel my face heat up as I mumbled a thanks.

        "You don't look too shabby yourself." I replied. It was true. Ryan was extremely good looking.

        I guess I'm kind of stuck in the friend-zone. Even though he was my first kiss, nothing really happened after that.

        I have a massive crush on him, but I don't think he feels the same way. Lexi and Hunter are like the main couple around here anyway.