Chapter 13

Lexi's POV

        I opened my eyes. Were was I? All I remember is Ellé telling me she's Skye. I looked over and Connor he hugged me so tight.

        "Don't worry you'll never see that girl again. She's in a insane asylum," he told me reassuringly.

        Wait, what?

         "Where's Skye?" I asked. They all gave me a confused look.

Connor's POV

        Doesn't she remember? We haven't seen Skye since she left the foster home.

        Maybe while she fainted she hallucinated and thought she saw Skye... I really don't want to tell her though. But I have to. I cant just let her think she saw Skye when she didn't.

        "Skye was never here, the only person you have seen is us and the girl who knocked you out," I explained to her.

Lexi's POV

        "THAT WAS HER," I shrieked.

        I know for a fact that was Skye. As soon as she started talking I knew it was Skye.

What did they mean? Who attacked me? Skye would never hurt me. And now she was in an asylum?

         "Please, can we visit her?" I begged.

Kian eyes widened, and all the boys looked at each other.

        After like a twenty minute tantrum, they finally agreed.

We asked the hospital for the address, and they gave it to us without hesitation.

        We weren't allowed to let her know we were there, but we could stand in an observatory with the sounds and video footage from her cell playing.

        At fist it was boring, she just sat there. But then she started talking to herself, but I couldn't understand anything. I think she was speaking a bunch of other languages.

        After a while she stopped talking and started randomly doing gymnastics. The head doctor came in and watched her confused.

        "We have not been able to tell what's wrong with her, but if you want, she can take a test to determine if we can release her," the doctor told us.

        Ricky eventually gave in, and they all agreed to give her the test. We could watch her from behind this glass, but she couldn't see us.

They brought her in and chained her to the chair.

        They asked her a bunch of questions, but then they came to the final one, which was,"What did you do to be put in this asylum?"

        She looked at them and answered, "Honestly, I don't know."

The guards glared at her, and pulled the chain securing her to the chair a little tighter.

        They asked her the same question over and over again, and her answer was always the same.

They kept tightening the chain until she cried, "PLEASE STOP!"

         She screamed in pain. In my whole life, I had never seen her cry.

        We all watched her helplessly, but we couldn't do anything about it. Eventually she passed out, and only then did they stop.

        I looked at all the guys and said, "What did she do to deserve this?"

Skye's POV

        The pain never stopped, I had no idea what I have done, I even tried not answering, but that didn't help. My world slowly started to go black...

        2 days later--------

        I began to open my eyes, but the light blinded me. I was back in a familiar place, the adoption center. I tried to move, but I couldn't, then I remembered what had happened.

        I decided to try and go back to sleep, I mean it's not like there's anything else to do.

Kian's POV:

        We decided to call the asylum later that day, to see if Skye/Ellé was alright. They said that they had disposed of her, and that she was alive, but barely.

We had an O2L meeting, and all decided that we wouldn't tell Lexi, but our plan backfired when she walked into the kitchen to get food.

        She sat there for a moment, then said, "I think I know where she is!"

After we all stared at her, she dragged us to the adoption center.

At the desk, she asked Mrs. Johnson for child: 7126390546824719485419462917492249263916493729337293633937

        We all looked at her blankly, trying to figure out how she had memorized that number.

        Mrs. Johnson replied with her signature fake smile, and said,"I'm sorry, she is currently bedridden."

Eventually, she took us up to see child:712 something or other. We saw the same girl, except her arms were bruised and she was sleeping.

        Suddenly out of nowhere Connor exclaims,"WE'LL TAKE HER!"