Chapter 40

Skye's POV

"Why would you make me watch that? Ryan sobbed.

The movie was currently rolling into the credits and Ryan and I were currently in my room on the floor crying. My dogs were super confused and trying to comfort us.

My cat on the other hand didn't really care, but that's how she usually is.

"Do you want to go somewhere?" Ryan asked me. Flashback to when I asked him that and then we went to Hunter's house haha.

"Sure. Where to?" I asked.

"It's a surprise. We can take my car," Ryan said.

I changed into some leggings and a baseball tee and grabbed my sneakers. I headed down the stairs and said goodbye to Connor.

I had never ended up referring to him as dad. I think of him as my dad, but we both agreed that calling him Connor was okay. Lexi had called him dad ever since we got adopted, but for me it had never caught on.

"Do you have a car charger?" I asked Ryan. I had checked my phone only to see that it was dead.

"Yeah, it should be in the glove box," he said.

I opened the glove box only to see a box of tampons.

"Why do you have these in here?" I asked, laughing.

"Umm, well, just in case you ever needed them," he said, blushing.

"Aww, that's so sweet!" I told him. He turned even redder.

"Can we just go now?" He asked, changing the subject.

"We can go whenever. But, considering the fact that you're the one sitting in the driver's seat with the keys in your hand, I think you are the one who gets to decide," I smiled.

He cleared his throat before starting the car.

"I love you," I tell him, still finding it funny and cute that he stocked his car up for me.

"I love me too," he joked, "I'm just kidding, I love you too."

I smiled. What did I do to deserve such a great guy?

We had been driving down the highway listening to our favorite playlist when the car next to us swerved to avoid a deer. The only problem was that they swerved into us.

Ryan honked the car loudly to try and get them to stop, but it was too late. I heard a scream, and then I realized that I had screamed.

I heard the glass shattering and the world around me fading.

Ryan's POV

(A/N: Surprise!! I've never written from Ryan's POV!)

Skye finding the box of tampons was very embarrassing. Almost as embarrassing as when I had to ask a lady in the store which brand was her favorite.

I was taking Skye to our favorite restaurant. We had always gone with Hunter and Lexi, but now we would be going by ourselves.

I'm really happy that she wasn't upset by the fact that I'm bisexual. I'm not really attracted to many guys, but there are some that I am attracted to.

I'm so lucky that I've found such a wonderful girl to be with. I have no idea what I would do without her.

She's the best thing that's ever happened to m-

My thoughts were cut off by an ear piercing scream. I looked over to Skye, only to see a car swerving towards us.

I slammed my hand down onto the horn but the car kept coming. The window shattered as the car drove into us and glass sprayed everywhere.