Chapter 9

Skye's POV

When I was in the Apple store this random dude was walking around giving out the beta version of a new camera they were developing. I could get one for free as long as I filled out a survey and returned it within the next month. 

I gladly took it. A survey wouldn't be too hard and when I run out of money I can probably sell it. As soon as I got to the weird cheap motel place I was going to stay in for one night, I decided to try YouTube.

I know, going against my own hate on YouTube. You know how I think all YouTubers are fake, it's the same for me.

Behind all the smiles on camera, I'm a depressed, lonely orphan. But on camera, I can be whoever I want.

My new name is going to be Ellé. I have a lot of experience with intros, believe me my sister would watch YouTube a lot.

I decided to disable likes and comments from my video, I just didn't want to be more depressed from all the hate I'll probably get.

Apple was also giving away their old laptops and trying to get rid of them. It was my lucky day.

My video was really awkward to make. I just was sitting there talking to a camera smiling.

The second I stopped filming I collapsed on the bed and went to sleep.

The next morning, the motel manager kicked me out...literally.

I wish I could visit Lexi, but I have no idea where she lives and that would be kind of weird.

I also realized that I left all my clothing at the orphanage, but I can't go back now.

I heard a boom and looked up to see fireworks.

Ever since I was young, I would have panic attacks and seizures.

Lexi never knew about them, that was the only secret I kept from her.

Mrs. Johnson wouldn't let me tell Lexi. She tied me up one day after I started to try to tell her.

I haven't had an attack in 2 months, which is a record for me.

The last few times, I had been on the brink of passing out completely.

They seem to get worse every time.

Only now I had nobody to help me.

I have always been extra careful, like no blinking lights, etc.

But, I kinda sorta forgot that tonight was the firework show.

I tried not to look up, but it was hard. After about 2 hours it was over.

Or at least I thought. The second I looked up, the finale happened.

My vision started to cloud and my body started to jolt, I fell over, smashing my head into the pavement.

The world around me began to fade.