Chapter 39

Skye's POV

I can't believe that all this time my parents have been alive. I would understand if they had been 16 or 17 when they had us and couldn't afford to keep us, but at 20 most people have jobs and are living alone.

"You okay?" Ryan asked softly. I nodded in return.

"Thanks for being there for me," I said.

He gave me a small smile and started the car.

"I swear if you crash my new car, I'll kill you."

"Don't worry, I've only crashed my car once," he told me.

My eyes widened in alarm. Connor would be so mad if I ruined the car. We didn't get it used or anything so it was really expensive.

"Please be careful," I requested.

The car ride home was silent. I don't think either of us knew what to say. I still can't believe that all these years our biological father hasn't tried to contact or find us.

And why is my mother even in prison? I hope she didn't murder anyone. That would be bad.

Ryan parked the car.

"Can I talk to you about something? I know you've had a lot of information dumped on you today, but I need to tell you something. I've been keeping a secret from you," he said seriously.

"Did you cheat on me?" I asked scared.

"God, No! I would never. I love you. Oh my god, I just told you I love you. That was not supposed to happen. That wasn't what I was going to say by the way," he rambled.

"I love you too," I smiled.

"Really?" He asked.

"Yes, really you silly goose."

"Nobody says silly goose anymore, Skye," he told me.

"I do," I replied.

"I'm bisexual," he blurted out.

"Does that mean you want to break up?" I asked confused. Has he found a guy he wants to leave me for? He just told me he loves me so that wouldn't really make sense.

"No! No way! I just thought you should know that I find guys attractive. Your step-brother by the way is a-okay," he said.

"So you've been checking other people out while being in a relationship?" I laughed.

"I'm in a relationship, not blind. Besides, just because I'm skimming the menu doesn't mean I'm going to order," he replied.

I smiled, "Thanks for telling me. Now we can check out hot guys together!"

"You check guys out?!"

"I'm in a relationship, not blind," I said in a deep voice trying to imitate his previous words.

"I do not sound like that!" He exclaimed.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night."

We had been sitting there for a while so I was confused as to why Lexi still hadn't pulled into the driveway.

Knowing her she probably wanted some time alone.

"Do you want to watch a movie in my room?" I asked.

"Sure, do you have anything good?" He asked.

"I just got Me Before You. I saw it in the theater and it was really good," I replied.

We walked into the house. Sam and Connor were both sitting on the couch in the living room watching TV.

"Hey guys," Ryan and I greeted.