Chapter 2

Skye's POV:

I stared at Lexi across the room, I knew Maggie was going to leave any day now, and I was upset. Although Maggie was the same age as Lexi and I, people probably find her prettier. People also don't want to adopt twins.

I was happy for her and all, but now we would lose another friend.

I could hear Ms. Johnson calling, but I was too lazy to get up. Nobody was going to adopt us anyway, I mean who wants two 14 year old girls.

The only good thing about Mrs. Johnson was that she promised not to separate us, but I have trust issues. Other than that, Mrs. Johnson is a terrible person. I would even go as far as to say she was abusive.

Come on, our parents gave us up... I'm not going to trust anyone (except Lexi). Lexi and I have vowed to always stick together no matter what happens. I just hope that nobody will come between us.

You may have noticed that I am not very trusting. My life is kind of a mess. I really wish that I could grow close with people and make friends, but whenever I do it never seems to work out.

Lexi and I were left here a long time ago, and have been at this adoption center for years. I wish that we would just be able to leave. We only have four more years until we can legally move out.

Our lives are pretty pathetic. We share almost everything, and we don't even know if we are ever going to see the other girls again.

I just hope that someday we'll be able to leave this awful place and start our lives over.