Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Harry's POV

I stood in silence as she rushed out the door. I felt like I was just hit with a million bricks. My stomached turned and my heart completely sank. I looked at Kelly who still stood next to the door with a worried expression across her face. I then turned to look at the boys who were stopped dead in their tracks, just staring at me. I tried to get a response from them, but nothing until Louis waved his hand at me.

"Go! Go talk to her!" Louis demanded. I instantly turned and dashed out the door down the hallway. She was almost to the back room when I stopped her.

"Brooke! Brooke! Please, please just let me talk," I begged walking towards her.

She turned around at me when she reached the doorway and I finally caught up to her. "Okay Harry, what? What do you want to talk about? How you kept this HUGE secret from me when I trusted you with my life?"

I sighed, looking up at the ceiling. I brought my hands up to my head clenching my fists. "I wanted to tell you. I tried. I...I couldn't. And when I tried, something came up," I said. I felt my eyes get watery. I never wanted to see her cry because of me... EVER.

She turned and walked into the room and grabbed her coat and purse.

"I never wanted to hurt you. Never," I said following her into the room.

The tiny space got silent as we both stared at each other from across the room. Tears still rolled down her cheeks. She pressed her lips together and looked out the window and back at me.

"I thought you were my friend, Harry. I thought we..." she held back the words and let out a giant sigh, "You didn't think this would hurt me in the end? You not telling me this? After all the time we spent together getting to know each other... and it didn't even come up. I just don't even know what to think."

A tear fell down my cheek. "Brooke," I gulped and my throat got tighter to hold back the tears, "I'm so sorry," I whispered.

I suddenly heard Niall's voice from down the hall. "Uhm, Harry mate. We...we have to start recording now."

I heard him but I didn't move and still stared into Brooke's hurt eyes. She breathed out and started to make her way towards the door.

"Bye Harry," she said disappointingly, looking into my eyes as she brushed past me. I felt a deep pain in me and closed my eyes, still stuck in my tracks. I turned to watch her walk down the hallway. I started to walk slowly with my hands in my pockets and my head down back to the recording studio.

Louis's POV

It was about 1pm and the studio wasn't lively at all. We were all bummed, but not as upset as Harry. He had a hard time in the studio - recording the new songs. When he wasn't recording, he sat on the leather sofa and stared at the floor.

I sat on the stool across the room - thinking. Liam was in the sound proof room and Niall and Zayn were playing on the Nintendo DS. I really hated seeing Harry like this. We had no idea Brooke worked at the studio. Poor Kelly was confused, but wasn't upset - since she had met us just the day before. She would occasionally come in the hang with us.

Then I thought about Chey. It was just such a tense morning. I was spending all my time thinking about Harry because he is my best friend. I knew Chey would find out eventually and it worried me a little, but I had to give my attention to Harry.

I walked over to him, sat on the touch and wrapped my arms around him. He didn't move.

"Harry. I love you."