Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Brooke's POV

We walked through the busy city slow. I was actually really happy. I'm not used to hanging out with guys much – just my two best friends and acquaintances. I only got to spend about 2 hours with Harry, so I took my time walking. He, on the other hand, starting walking faster. 

He realized I was behind a bit, so he would slow down. He kept is hood on over his beanie and looked down occasionally.

"You know, you shouldn't hide your curly hair. It's really nice," I said.

He smirked, "Yeah, but it can get in the way at times."

"I guess I can see what you mean." He looked a little uneasy, "Are you okay, Harry?"

He shot up straight and showed a little smile, "I'm great," he chuckled, "Why do I look upset or something?"

"No no, you seem flustered or something. I don't know, nevermind." Ah, that was stupid. He thinks I think there's something wrong with him. But his smile kept reassuring me that it was all cool.

He replied, "I don't know, maybe just not used to uh the city life yet."

"It sure takes some getting used to," I smiled.

Harry's POV

We arrived at her penthouse building. I kind of felt a little sad. I really wanted to see her again.

"Well, here it is," She said and we both stood apart and shuffled our feet in silence. I decided to make the first move.

"When can I see you again? I really don't want this to be a goodbye." She smiled and looked up at me with those irresistible blue eyes that made my heart melt each time.

"Well whenever you're free, I guess. Trade numbers," She asked.

I looked down at my phone, "Yeah sure, ehm my phone is dead though. You have something to write it down on?"

"Hold on, I think I might." She looked through her purse and pulled out a paper. She wrote down her number and handed it to me while I put mine in her phone. "Thanks again for a fun afternoon. I'm really glad I met you, Harry."

"I'm really happy I met you, too. Maybe I'll see you tomorrow?" I asked with a wondering look on my face.

"Yeah I'll text you!" She said. I looked down and spotted a penny.

"Oh I think you might have dropped change out of your bag." She bent over, examined it, and flipped it over. 

"Well, don't you want it?" I asked.

"Nope. It wasn't heads up. Now it's someone else's luck," 

She replied. We both smiled, "I'll talk to you tomorrow." 

She smiled and hugged me goodbye. I stood in the same spot and watched her walk in the building. I bent over and picked up the penny. Good luck, yea? I think my luck was just starting.

I walked back to my penthouse, which was only a few blocks away. I walked in the door to find Louis sitting on the couch, flipping through the television channels. Liam was unpacking is clothes. Zayn was still asleep, of course. And Niall was rummaging through the take out menu's that the staff at the building prepared for us.

"NO NANDO'S! How am I gonna go 4 weeks without any Nando's!" Niall complained.

"Niall, it's really not the end of the world. I think you'll survive," Louis replied. He suddenly glanced at me standing in the doorway, "Harry mate, where have you been!"