Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Chey's POV

Louis? Could it be him!

His hair was a mess, but adorable. His body was built exactly the same and he was even wearing stripes!

My heart started to pound and I ran over to the boy who was sitting on the steps of the lifeguard stand.

"Louis!" I gasped.

He turned around, only to ruin my hopes of seeing my boyfriend. It wasn't him.

"No, I'm Todd," He responded with a lost look on his face. Oh gosh, how embarrassing.

"Oh wow, that's embarrassing. I'm sorry," I said as I quickly turned away. Ew, how much weirder could I get!

I rubbed my head and squinted my eyes as I walked back to my board. Lisa was walking back up to shore as I approached the spot.

"What was that?" She laughed.

"Oh I just thought he was Louis," I said quietly.

She looked over and then looked back at me strangely, "He looks nothing like him, Chey."

I stared at the ocean for a moment then back at her.

"I need to go home. I'm done for the day," I said trying to hold back tears as I grabbed my board and walked away fast.

I missed Louis so much it hurt. Yesterday, I thought the server at In N' Out Burger was Louis. I saw a kid wearing suspenders and instantly thought of him. Heck, I saw a CARROT and started to tear up!

What the heck was going on with me!

I strapped my board onto the back of my bike as tears started to roll down my cheeks.

I need Louis. Not just Louis through a computer screen. Not Louis's voice through a phone.

I needed him. I couldn't stand not being with him.

Brooke's POV

It was the next morning and Kelly had slept over. She sat on the couch cross legged, eating her cereal and watched Saved by the Bell.

I, on the other hand, was bopping around my kitchen, listening to the radio as I loaded the dishwasher.

It was 9am... we usually woke up early when we had sleep over's.

I finished the dishwasher and took a seat next to Kelly on the couch. We both wore our matching sweatshirts from High School.

"Zach Morris... why isn't he a teenager still?" Kelly pouted as she stared at the TV.

"No... Mario Lopez," I shot back at her.

"Mmm.. you're right. Total hottie." She leaned over to place her bowl on the coffee table.

"I wish we could call Chey right now. Too bad it's like 6am there," I said.

"Yeah I miss hanging out with her. I miss the guys, too. I haven't seen them in a few days."

"Speaking of that - I saw Liam yesterday in Central Park."

"Ah nice," she kind of blew it off.

I sighed, "Yeah... I think he was flirting with me? Like he was acting all cute-si and flirty. I don't know - a side I've never really seen in him."

She smiled at me, "Well what did he say? What did he do?"

"I...I don't know. He just was being cute! I mean usually he just talks to me like one of the guys. He wanted to know about my life and our common likes. He walked me back home."