Chapter 50

Chapter 50

Harry's POV

"You wouldn't dare," I said standing there in defense with my fists clutched at my sides. There would be no punches thrown, I knew of that. I could never get in that kind of fight with Louis.

He sighed and let his arms hang, looking lost, "Harry, I don't want to do this with you! I just want my best friend back! I want you to come to me and tell me your problems. I... I want to help! I hate seeing you like this - unhappy. You're unhappy, Harry and that, well that makes me unhappy."

"How are you going to help me, Lou? There's nothing you can do. There is nothing that can make me happy right now," I said as I toned my voice down.

And I'll admit, we both held back tears.

"Brooke. That's been the answer all along and you know it! Harry, you just need to tell her," he said calmly.

The room became a lot calmer than what it was 2 minutes ago. I ran my hands through my curls, tugging on them and looked around from side to side as a few tears ran from my eyes.

"But it's too late, Lou! I couldn't! She's is SO happy!"

"You know what I don't understand," his voice raised a bit, "is why you haven't made up with her yet. You're her best friend, Harry. Damn it, you're her best friend and you're just gonna watch her suffer like this! You wanna know something, she's not happy, no... she's not HAPPY!"

I cut him off quickly, "Well you know what, she is JUST as guilty as I am in this argument! She accused me of sleeping with Caroline.."

"And did you?!" he pressed on for an answer.

"No... of course I didn't," I looked at him strictly.

"But you lead her to believe that you did, didn't you? I knew something was up at the club..."

"Well SHE slept with Liam so you know what, let her believe it then!" I cut him off a second time.

He narrowed his eyebrows and shook his head, "What!? Harry, do you even know what you're talking about? She didn't sleep or do anything with Liam."

I stood up tall and defensive again, "Oh yea? Well... well how do you know that?"

"Because I asked Liam and he said no," he stared at me quietly, "What you didn't think I would ask him that? Come on, you know me better."

I couldn't even think right now. I just gazed gobsmacked at the ground.

What have I done? I made her believe I was with Caroline when all she was trying to do was be a friend - telling me her and I weren't fit for each other.

And she was right. She was absolutely right.

"I am such an idiot," I smacked my forehead.

Louis chuckled, "Yeah, you think? You don't really like Caroline again, do you?"

"No... I don't at all. I guess I only kissed her because I wanted to show everyone I still had it in me - maybe to see if Brooke got jealous, which she didn't."

He held up a hand, "Wait wait wait, you kissed Caroline?!"

I gulped, "Yeah, I did."

"Wow you're so stupid," he rolled his eyes at me.

"You don't think I already know that!? Thanks, Lou!" I yelled as I sat down on the couch, burying my face into my palms.

He walked over, sitting next to me and rubbed my back, "Gosh Harry, I didn't mean it that way. Well... I did, but it's okay."