Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Harry's POV

When she got inside, I turned around and walked down the street. I looked down at the pink elephant.

I suddenly felt lost inside. Maybe I shouldn't have kissed Brooke. I was scared. All I could think about was the messy relationship I had with Caroline. It was a mutual breakup, but her self esteem was starting to break from all of the negative comments and I felt like it was my fault. Thinking about what that would do to Brooke made me upset.

My heart says be with Brooke, but my head says no..save her.

Suddenly I felt somebody grab my shoulder and I instantly turned around hoping it was Brooke. I turned to find Louis.

"So nothing's going on, yea?" He said. I knew he would approach me again about our little conversation earlier, but I didn't think it would be like this.

"Did, did you follow me?" I was in shock that he would even do that.

"Well kind of, but it's only because I care, Harry! You we're disappearing and I... I needed to know what was going on." He replied. I guess I couldn't blame him. He is my best friend after all.

I took a deep sigh, "Alright. I told you there was a girl.."

"And she's gorgeous, mate. Congrats!"

"No, Louis.. you don't understand. We are friends," I said.

"That kiss didn't look like you were just friends," He winked. We continued to walk.

"Okay so I like her. A lot." I could feel my heart getting heavy as I stared off into space.

Louis put his hand on my shoulder, "Then why don't you date her? Who cares, you said you would stay single in America. You really found someone you like, so just go for it. She's perfect."

"See that's the thing. She IS perfect! And when she finds out Harry Styles is in a famous boy band and she gets hounded by paparazzi and fan threats and then I'm not around much, then what! It's gonna destroy her. She would be better off without me as a boyfriend," I snapped.

Louis paused and looked me in the eyes, "You didn't tell her you we're famous." His voice wasn't angry, it was understanding.

"Yeah. I tried, but gosh I don't know," I said looking up at the sky. I could tell Louis understood what I was feeling by his silence.

"She likes you. I just know it," He said quietly.

"I don't want to hurt her. I know I've only known her for a week, but I really like her. She's different, a good different," I confessed.

"Then why don't you just date her, Harry? I mean I remember all that stuff with Caroline, but.."

I cut him off quick, "I just can't Louis, Okay! She's wonderful and confident and I can't have my fame destroy that. I love our fans, you know that. But I don't know if Brooke can handle it. Promise me you won't tell the boys. You can tell them I met someone and she's my friend, but none of this liking business." He had a sympathetic look on his face. "Please, Lou." We both looked at each other.

"Alright, Haz. I promise. I would love to see you with her and be happy, but you're my brother and I respect you," he said and then wrapped his arms around me. I buried my face into his shoulder.

Louis's POV

A couple days had gone by and it was June. It was unusually hot in the city for the beginning of June, but we enjoyed it. We got to visit Washington DC and it was awesome! The fans we're lovely and we even got to meet Barrack Obama. Niall was a bit overwhelmed!

But we we're finally back in New York City and Harry and I decided to go get some lunch at Bryant Park. It was a nice day, so why not sit outside?

"What exactly... is that?" Harry said with a disgusted look on his face whilst looking at my plate.

"Harry, it's a Burger. Just a normal burger," I said to him as if there was something wrong with him.

"Doesn't look normal to me." He snorted back.

"Because it's awesome," I laughed and paused for a second to think, "Can you believe we're here?"

He looked confused, "Erm at the restaurant?"

I rolled my eyes, "No. In America. In New York City! Living here, doing what we love. Traveling this great big country! Never thought in a million years that I'de be doing this."

"Yeah, you're right. It's amazing," he smiled and then looked over at the girls waving to us.

It was always the way. If we are out alone, people hardly recognize us. But if we are out with each other, many people do. We can't complain though, we love the fans.

"Can I get you boys anything else today?" The mid-aged woman asked us with a pot of coffee in her hand and the other hand on her hip.

"No, I think we are all set here. Thank you," I replied with a warm smile.

"Alright, you boys have a great day now," she said and then walked off. People are so nice here. You go into a store or a restaurant and they ask you how you're day is going. And when you leave, they tell you to have a wonderful day. It's amazing!

"I have to run to the restroom, so wait for me," Harry said as he got up from his seat.

I gave him the thumbs up and he walked off.

Suddenly, I felt the table vibrate. I looked down and saw Harry's phone light up. It was Brooke. I large smirk came across my face. Do I answer it.... Or do I answer it. I answered it.

"Hello there?" I said in a cheery high voice.

"Hey... um Harry?"

"I'm sorry, Harry is in the toilet. But I'm Louis, his best friend. You must be Brooke."

She giggled, "Yes this is Brooke. It's nice to finally talk to one of Harry's friends."

"It is very nice to have finally talked to you, Miss Brooke! Is there anything I can help you with, love?"

"Hmm, actually yes. I was going to invite Harry over tonight for dinner and to hang out, but since I'm talking to you now, would you like to come too? It'll be fun! We can just chill. And my best friend will be over, too."

I wanted to get to know this Brooke girl. If Harry liked her, I'm sure I would think she's fun, too.

"Count us in!" I smiled.

"Great! Come over say around 6?"

"Sounds perfect," I replied. I saw Harry walking back so I spoke up louder, "We will see you then, Brooke! Okay, goodbye!" Harry's eyes grew wide and his nostrils flared a bit. I hung up the phone.

"Louis, was that Brooke? Wha..what just happened? Did you call her?" He kind of freaked.

"No mate, WE are going over Brooke's tonight for dinner at 6! Don't worry, her friend will be there, too. I knew you would say yes, so I just confirmed it. She seems lovely," I said with a cheeky smile.

Harry rolled his eyes and smiled a bit, "You're lucky you are my best friend, you know that," he said pulling me off the chair by my sleeve.