Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Harry's POV

"I have something I want to show you anyway, Harry," Brooke said with a closed smile, looking deep into my eyes. I couldn't help but smile back. The four of us headed towards the lifts, but we took the second one and went up.

"Where are we going?" I asked while holding onto the lift railings.

"You'll see," she winked as she nudged my arm with her elbow.

Suddenly the doors open and we walked out into the small corridor. It seemed as if we were on the roof. I let her lead since she knew where she was going. We then walked through a glass door which led to the roof, but it wasn't just any normal city roof. It was a beautiful garden. All around was green - something you didn't see in New York City. There were small trees planted in boxes of dirt; pink, yellow and orange flowers everywhere, and many growing plants, such as tomatoes, cucumbers, etc. It was beautiful. It was also sunset, so the sky was a gorgeous mix of blue, orange, yellow, pink and purple along the city skyline.

"Wow. It's perfect up here," I said looking around.

She walked a bit ahead of me and turned around, walking backwards, "Thanks. It means a lot to me this place."

I smiled, "This is your garden?"

We both reached the edge of the roof which was almost a half wall that came up to my mid-stomach. Her eyes glistened in the sunset, "Yea, I love it. I started to get homesick when I moved here. I missed everything about Napa. Especially being able to grow a garden and actually see nature!" she took a deep sigh and looked out on her garden, "I feel like.. I can come up here and be in a safe place. I can just take a break from this busy world and relax."

"It's really nice, Brooke," I said gazing in her eyes.

"It's really special to me and I thought I would show it to someone.. who is.. really special to me," she said in a shy voice and she placed her hand on top of mine, which was resting on the roof ledge.

Someone special to her, I thought. The line repeating in my head gave me butterflies in my stomach and I completely got lost in her eyes. I turned my hand over so it held hers. I ran my thumb against the back of her hand ever so lightly.

Before I knew it, our lips locked. The kiss was still shy, but more passionate than the first and a bit longer. She squeezed my hand tight and ran the other down through my curls and along my neck while I placed my hand on her waist, pulling her closer inch by inch.

Fame soon popped up into my mind and I had realized I didn't tell her yet, but I was scared to. I was scared what it would do to us and I really didn't want to risk being in a relationship and losing what we had formed in the past 2 weeks, but I had to tell her. She sucked on my lower lip softly. I knew there was a possibility she could be upset with me when I tell her. I let out a little sigh in between the kiss and then pressed my lips so passionately against hers, for it could be our last kiss. I then pulled away with my hands on her hips and looked seriously into her eyes as she smiled.

I gulped. "Brooke, I... I need to," I stuttered, but before I could get the words out - she wrapped her hands around both of my upper arms kissed me again, although this time I barely kissed back. She pulled away slowly, realizing I was not into the kiss as much as she was. She let out a sigh. She had a small closed smile, but I could tell she was disappointed by the look in her eyes.

We stayed in the same position, my hands on her waist and hers holding my arms. "Brooke, I really..." I tried to spit out until she stopped me once again.

"Let's just enjoy this. I wanna spend this moment with you... only you," she smiled into my eyes. She tucked her arms under mine, giving me a lower hug as she rested her head against my chest, looking out at the sunset. I sighed and wrapped my arms around her shoulders, resting my cheek on her head. Although I sighed... I smiled and watched the sunset with her.