Chapter 58

Chapter 58

Brooke's POV

"Ah!" Kelly shrieked as a spark from the fire pit flew out at her and then she giggled.

It was a beautiful clear night. Crickets chirped in the far distance as the moon glowed down from above. We were all warm - circled around the fire pit and roasting marshmellows.

"Oh mine got burnt," Liam scrunched his face together.

"Here, you can have mine," I said holding the skewer in front of his face as he bit the marshmellow off

"Thanks," he mumbled with a mouth full of marshmellow.

"You're a mess," I giggled.

"The wedding is going to be so beautiful tomorrow! I can't wait!" Kelly said as she cuddled up against Niall, draping her legs over his lap.

Zayn walked out through the sliding glass door, putting his phone back in his pocket.

"Hey how's Jess?" I looked up at him.

"She's great! Same as usual. It's just kind of hard because we can't really plan a day when we can see each other," he collapsed in the chair next to Harry.

"Hang in there, Zayn. If it's meant to be - it will work out," Louis said to him from across the fire. He held Chey close with one arm around her and the other roasting 2 marshmellows.

Liam's phone vibrated and he adjusted to pull it out of his pocket. It was Danielle calling and he looked down at me.

I smiled and nodded, "Go pick it up - it's fine."

He smiled and kissed my forehead before making his way into the darkness.

It's kind of strange how much I didn't mind him talking to Danielle - I guess because our feelings were mutual.

"Awe look! Your Dad and Dana are really so cute!" Chey pointed out through the door. They both shared a kiss at the front door as she held her duffle bag in hand. It would be the last time they saw each other before standing at the alter. It's bad luck supposedly to see the bride/groom before the wedding.

I smiled, "They are."

Chey and Louis became all cute and cuddly. Niall and Kelly - not so much... I think they were more worried about not burning their marshmellows. Zayn texted on his phone, I was guessing to Jessica.

I sighed, looking at the fire and then switched my focus to Harry. He looked at the fire right as he saw me glance up at him and I giggled. When he heard my laugh, he looked back up at me and smiled a little closed smile.

"I think I may go hit the hay - don't wanna have bags under my eyes for the wedding tomorrow," Kelly stretched out of Niall's arms.

"I'm right there with you, Sister," Chey added.

"Well I guess let's put out this fire and get to bed," I hopped up out of my chair and grabbed the lid to the fire. I stood there, nervous to throw it on top of the fire until Harry came up next to me.

"I'll do it - you scaredy pants," he teased.

"Hey! I'm not so good with fire, alright!?" I punched his arm.

Liam walked back next to my side, "Oh are we all going to sleep?" Harry backed up over to Zayn as I began to talk to Liam.

"Yup! I think everyone is. I'm getting tired anyway," I answered. I looked back at Harry who turned to look at me and then followed Zayn into the house.

I sighed, but looked up and smiled at Liam, "Let's go."

The boys and girls parted ways, going into separate rooms. The boys shared the big guest room and Kelly, Chey and I stayed in my room. I missed the comfort of my own bed, but couldn't fall asleep.