Chapter 62

Chapter 62

Brooke's POV

"All packed up and ready to roll out?" my Dad asked, shutting the trunk of his SUV.

"Yup, I think we're good to go," Louis said.

We were leaving for Los Angeles to attend the Teen Choice Awards. It was a pretty early morning for all of us - 7 AM, but we all slept in this entire week.

Dad and Dana are coming with us to the airport, but catching a flight to Hawaii for their honeymoon. I feel like I hardly had any time in this house with them, it's not fair.

The group chatted outside while I snuck back into the quiet house and up to my room. I sighed as I entered the doorway, looking at my pink walls. I went over to the bed and fixed a crease in the sheets and glanced at some pictures on the wall. I didn't want to leave - I'm hardly ever here and I was going to miss it.

Just then, Harry's voice appeared behind me.

"You alright?" he asked.

I took a deep breath, "Yeah, I'll be okay. I'm gonna miss it here."

He wrapped his long arms around me and held me close to his chest, "It's okay. The award show is going to so much fun and we get to spend a day in LA. Before you know it, we'll be back in New York and you can see your Mom and everyone again," he tried to comfort me, but it just made me feel a little sadder.

"But then you're leaving. I don't wanna leave you," I said.

I felt his chest rise into a deep sigh, "I know, I don't want to leave either," he whispered.

A knock on the door disrupted our conversation and my Dad looked in.
"Ready to go?" he asked.

"Yup, let's get going," I said, picking up my bag off the ground and walking out the door with them.

We made our way down the steps and my dad spoke up, "You know, Harry, I really like you. You're a good guy."

Harry smiled, "Thank you - I think you're a really cool dude, too."

They both high fived, almost doing a secret hand shake and I rolled my eyes.

"What?" my Dad asked sarcastically.

"Are you both serious?" I giggled.

"Brooke, your Dad and I are awesome - we're like buddies," Harry said and I laughed. As weird as they both are, I'm happy they get along so well. I guess I see a lot of my Dad in Harry - the goofball's they both are.

We finally arrived at the airport and went through all of the security check-ins.
It was time for the hard part.

"I love you! Have fun in Los Angeles and make sure to tell me all about it!" Dana hugged me.

"Only if you tell me about Hawaii!" I returned the hug.

"Boys, girls, it was nice to meet you all. I hope to see you again soon and if you're ever in the area - make sure to stop by or give me a call," my Dad hugged each of them.

"Oh we definitely will," Liam said.

My Dad turned to me after hugging Niall and put his arms out. I hugged him tight, not sure when I will see him next.

"I love you, Brookie. I want you to be careful and safe in LA and on your flights, but most importantly have fun," he mumbled.

"I will Dad. Have fun in Hawaii. I'll miss you," I began to get teary-eyed.

"Aw no no, no need to cry. I'll see you soon, I promise. Maybe I'll even fly over to New York," he said.

I perked up, "Okay! I can show you all around!"