Chapter 38

Chapter 38

Louis's POV

The house was quiet when we entered it, getting back from horseback riding. 

Nan was in living room, knitting a blanket.

"Oh hey babies. How was horse riding?" she asked. I loved how warm and friendly she was - like she almost made it feel like we were home.

"It was a lot of fun, Nan," Kelly said as she kissed her cheek.

"It's about 5 oclock. Yall gonna get packing up soon?" she questioned. We all shrugged. We had so much fun these past 2 days - almost not wanting it to end.

"I guess we should soon," Chey shrugged. 

"I don't know about you girls, but my nails look absolutely horrible," Kelly said as she held out her hand, checking out her nails. 

"Let's give Nan a makeover! We can do your hair and nails and makeup!" Chey clapped. Us boys all giggled and smirked. Girls...

"I'll take you girls up on that offer," Nan laughed as she stood up slowly, "You boys want to join?" she joked.

We shook our heads, "Nooo noo, Nan. I think we'll be just fine," Niall responded. 

"See you in a bit, babe," Chey said, kissing my lips. I watched them as they went up the stairs and then turned to the boys.

"Okay, we need to have a little guy time," I announced to the group.

"Ooo something on Louis' mind!?" Zayn teased me.

"Yah I need to have a word, too," Niall said with his hands in his pockets.

"Wow, this must be big," Liam said. Harry looked at me suspiciously and I shook my head at him, letting to know it had nothing to do with him and Brooke. 

"Uh, can we just go outside or something? Let's take a walk to the lake," I offered. The boys followed me out the door and we reached the lake. We all sat in a row on the small dock and skipped rocks. 

"So what's on your minds? Lou, go on," Liam demanded nicely. 

I took a deep breath and stared at the setting sun, "You guys think me and Chey are good together, right?" 

Niall giggled a bit, "Yeah of course, mate! You two are practically perfect for each other!" The rest of the boys agreed.

"Well I just wanted to make sure since we jumped into our relationship and all so fast."

Liam rubbed his hand over my back, "It happens. When you know, you know," he said. I could see Harry adjust his curls to that comment. 

I sighed, "Okay well what do you think about me telling her that I love her? Too soon?" 

The boys got excited and all turned to me, "Do it man," Harry said.

"Yeah! I'm pretty sure she would feel the same way," Zayn added.

I smiled and let out a sigh of relief, "You really think so?! I don't know, I was just nervous. That's never really like me to be nervous," I fiddled with my thumbs. 

"Aw don't worry, Lou. When I first told Danielle I loved her, I was nervous, too," Liam tried to comfort me. 

"Danielle... I read something about her in a gossip magazine. You talk to her still?" Harry asked suddenly. I smirked a little smile.. oh boy. 

Liam jerked his face a little, "I don't really talk to her, no. I feel bad though on how we left off."

"Do you love Brooke?" Zayn pressed.