Chapter 2

"Alek, please forgive him. He is not used with people who refuse him" Marcel says after trying to get Marco back inside.

"I can see that. If it wasn't your friend, believe me, Marcel... You know I don't forgive that easily" I answer my friend with rage in my voice. "Tomorrow one of my employees will call you to discuss the details."

"Thanks, Alek. I owe you this one." Marcel whispers seductively in my ear.

"I'll remember that, Fornell so I suggest you be prepared at any time" I say kissing him on the cheek. "Now go, I have work to do."

This meeting wasn't how I expected. My first thought was that Marcel's friend had a really serious problem. I mean, everyone knows that I accept only the cases which represents a challenge for me. Don't understand me wrong but I am that kind of person who likes to win even when no one gives her a chance. 

"Elise, can you come here, please" I ask my friend pressing just one button on the phone. 

"You need something" Elise asks me leaning against the door.

"No, I just refuse to read any of these files tonight. Can we go home, please?" I beg Elise using my puppy eyes.

"You can be such a child sometimes" she replys laughing. "Okay, we can go home. Just let me send this suit report and I'm ready to go. Get your stuff and meet me in the lobby in 10 minutes."

Some of you might want to know why Elise is just my assistant but the answer is very simple. I owe her so many things that I really don't think I could repay her only in one life. Remember when I said that five years ago she was the only person who believed in me? Well, she believed so much in me, that she used a part of her fortune to help me open my own law firm which now is the best in Dortmund. Elise comes from a rich family. Her parents own one of the most powerful bank in Germany. However, the only thing she wants is to make her own money and make her parents proud and that's the reason why she is only my assistant. From my point of view, she has already done that.

When I've looked at my watch I saw that those 10 minutes had already passed. I grabbed my purse and my phone and hurried out the door. Elise is going to kill me. She hates when I'm late. Like how I was expecting she was already in the lobby waiting for me. 

"I thought that you wanted to go home" my friend says with irony in her voice.

"I'm so sorry. I started thinking about the day we met and I didn't realized the time has passed." I mumbled making her smile. 

"Goodnight Mrs. Petrova, Mrs. Haas" the guardian wishes us while we walk toward the exit. "Goodnight, Frank" we answer at the same time. 

"Do you want to drive" Elise asks me handing me the keys. "No, I give you the honor to take us home" I answer her quickly.

I love to drive but tonight I'm not in the mood. That Marco and his arrogance are the ones who made me feel like this. How could he believe I was going to represent him? Guys like him should spend a few months in prison to understand that they are not above the law. 

"Alek, are you okay" Elise asks me stopping me from thinking about Marco.

"Yeah, I was just daydreaming" I mumble among a whisper. "About? What, you know how curious I am" she asks me raising her eyebrows. "I was thinking about Marcel and his friend" I say honestly. "I was gonna ask you about this later but if you already mentioned it, I'm gonna ask you now: what was that all about?" Elise finaly asks when the red light forces her to stop.

"First of all, did you know he is a famous football player?"  I ask her still surprised.

"Of course I know, everyone knows it. This is Marco Reus, Alek, he is the star of Borussia Dortmund" she says a little too excited. "You didn't recognize him? Who are you and what did you do with my best friend?"