Chapter 7

Marco's POV

„Nice to meet you, Marco, I'm Thomas, your lawyer" Thomas says after I finally managed to get inside his office.

„I guess you know everything about my problem" I say almost whispering.

„Yeah, it wasn't something new for me, to be honest. I'm a big fan of you and Borussia Dortmund and I've heard about your problems" he says making me feel awkward. „But I'm here to help you win this case and believe me, you will."

The rest of our meeting, Thomas tried to explain me what his defense will be and that I needed to act as normal as posible. A strange behaviour from me would make the prosecuting attorney believe that I'm scared and he will use this against me at trial.

„I'll call you the day before the trial, to talk about it. Until then, go home, get over your injury and don't forget that I will win this case" Thomas says before shaking our hands.

While walking towards the exit I've remembered that Elise didn't give me her phone number so I had to go back and ask her. Standing at her desk she was typing something on her laptop. She was so concerned about her work that she didn't notice when I leaned against her desk.

„I just realized that I can't take you out if I don't have your phone number" I say surprising her.

„Marco, sorry I was trying to solve something" she says a little bit upset.

„Is there something I can do to help you" I ask her.

„Only if you're Aleksandra" she says smiling.

„Oh God, no, I definetly don't want to be a witch, or a wizard. I'll keep being a footballer" I say making her laugh. „When is she coming back? From what I see, you all need her help."

„I don't know when she's coming back. It depends how fast does she solve her problems" she answers, again trying not to say too much.

„Let's go back to the moment in which you gave me your phone number" I say showing her my smile.

„What if I don't want to give you my phone number" she asks joyful.

„Well, then I'll have to use my charming smile and force you to do it" I say almost laughing.

„Oh, no, don't do that. Okay, I'll give you my number" she says acting like she was scared of my smile.

„I'll guess I'll see you tonight. I know you'll miss me" I say while taking a picture of Elise for her profile.

„I don't know how I'll survive without seeing you for such a long time" she says ironic.

„I can stay with you if you need me" I say with a smirk on my face.

„Don't worry, darling, I'll be fine. See you tonight, Reus" she says smiling, making me signs to leave her alone so that she could finish her work.

Standing outside Elise's apartment I looked down at my shoes wondering if I was dressed properly, dark jeans, a black shirt and my favourite pair of sneakers. It's just a date, it doesn't really matter how I look, I say to myself before knocking at her door. After just a few seconds the door opened.

„You know that you can come in, right" she asks me after seeing that I froze. Dressed in a purple dress, a pair of black long boots Elise was looking stunning.

„Yeah... I was... I was just thinking" I say trying to excuse myself. „You look beautiful" I finally say after entering her apartment.

„Thanks, you're pretty handsome too" she says walking in front of me. „I'll be ready in two minutes. I just need to take my jacket. The kitchen is there if you need something" she says before leaving me alone in the dining room.