Chapter 28

Elise's POV

"Damn it" I say when my computer refused to open because I wasn't able to write the correct password.

"Elise, can you bring me the files I told you about? I need them for a case" Aleksandra asks from her office. I was more than angry and her demand made me want to punch something. I wasn't upset with her, I was just mad. I grabbed the files from my desk and I gave up on opening my computer.

When I entered Aleksandra's office she was sitting on her chair but she didn't notice me enter that's why I went closer just to find the reason why she was so distracted. She was looking at a picture on Instagram and that picture was showing a person we know.

"Elise, you shouldn't have seen that" Aleksandra says trying to shut off her phone. Fortunately, I was quicker and I grabbed the phone before giving her the chance to turn it off. I was looking at a picture with Marcel. But he wasn't alone. He was with a girl and they were looking like a couple. My eyes began to sting and I couldn't control myself anymore. I hit the first thing that got into my way and after that I just began to cry.

"Elise, I'm so sorry" Aleksandra says looking at me.

"Why is he doing those things? I thought he loved me" I whisper not crying anymore.

"Well, I'm going to find answers for your questions" she says while grabbing her phone.

"What are you doing" I ask.

"I'm going to call Marcel and see what he has to say about this" she answers. I didn't want her to call him, but at this moment I was too tired to fight with anyone. "Put him on speaker" I ask ignoring all my other feelings.

"¡Hola" a voice answers moment in which I looked into Aleksandra's voice waiting for an explanation.

"Can I speak with Marcel" my friend asks surprised.

"He's busy right now" the woman answers back.

"I don't care if he's in hell! I want to talk with him right now" Aleksandra demands starting to get angry.

"Listen, you shitty woman, Marcel is not here and you won't get to talk with him if I don't want to" the woman says with her Mexican accent.

"Mia, what the hell are you doing with my phone" suddenly we hear Marcel's voice.

"You were showering and I decided to answer" she answers forgetting that we could hear their conversation.

"Give me the phone and get out of here" Marcel says with an angry voice.

"What about my money" Mia asks making me stop breathing for a few seconds.

"They're on the table. Now get out of my room" he whispers. "Aleksandra, what's wrong" he asks like we didn't hear anything.

"What the hell was that" Aleksandra asks completely shocked.

"You heard that" he asks back and his voice cracked for a moment.

"Of course you idiot!"

"I can explain" he says waiting for my friend to give him the chance to talk.

"You payed a hooker to entertain you. There's nothing to explain" Aleksandra says.

"It's not like that" he starts to say making me shiver.

"I have no words to describe how angry I am, Marcel."

"Aleksandra, I'm sorry, please don't tell Elise about this" he begs moment in which Aleksandra looked into my eyes.