Chapter 40

Marco's POV

"What I want from you Marco is simple" Katerina starts to say while pouring herself another glass with a drink that I didn't recognize.

"Yeah, I kind of understood that. You want Aleksandra dead but I still can't see how I can help you. I don't know how to fight and I can't use any weapons" I interrupt her.

"That's not a problem, Marco" she answers scaring me for a few seconds. I thought she was going to say that she's going to teach me. Fortunately, she said the opposite thing. "You won't need to fight her or something like that. You're just going to kill her."

"Are you out of your minds" I yell terrified by the idea.

"What's wrong? You said you don't feel anything for her" Katerina says trying to surprise me unprepared.

"It's not about that. I just haven't killed anybody until now and I'm pretty sure I don't want to start doing it" I quickly answer.

"That's not up to you. You made your choice, Marco. Either you kill Aleksandra or I kill Elise. It's a simple choice" she says like killing someone was a normal thing to do.

"And how I'm supposed to do that? It's not like I can defeat Aleksandra. She knows how to fight and she is much better than me at doing these kind of things" I say realizing that my words were just stating the reality.

"Aleksandra won't fight you. She's still in love with you and she'll do as I say. Before I came to you I sent her a new video in which I told her where to come. I gave her 24 hours to be here or I told her I'll kill her dear friend Elise" Katerina finally starts telling me her plan. "You see, she has no idea that you're here with me. Just imagine her face when she'll find out that you work for me" she continues to say laughing.

"I work for you only because you threatened to kill Elise. I'm not your ally, Katerina, don't forget this" I remind her.

"She'll be here sooner than we think. She cares about her friend more than I could ever imagine" she explains ignoring my statement. "But right in the moment she'll enter this house my man are going to catch her and then they're going to tie her up. Then you'll make your appearance and kill her."

"I'm not going to do any of this until you let me see Elise" I say trying to understand her plan. There were a lot of things she didn't think about. Her plan was not as good as I expected.

"If you insist" she says bored. "Follow me" are her only words before heading to the fireplace. Once she got there she moved the big picture with her daughter letting me see that behind that painting was hidden something that seemed to be a security system. She pressed a few buttons and then something happened. The fireplace started to move. I was so shocked I couldn't stop staring. What kind of house was this? The fireplace moved a few centimeters but enough to let a person enter the room that was hiding behind it.

Katerina looked at me one more time telling me to follow her and then we started to walk to that secret room. And it was exactly that. A secret room, but it had nothing special. To be more honest I couldn't analyze it because I couldn't see anything. There was no light in there.

"You realize that I can't see anything, right" I ironically ask Katerina. As an answer she made a few steps on the right and seconds later the whole room was illuminated.

It took me a few moments to get used with this bright light and after I blinked more that I usually do, I looked around to see what was so special about this place that it had to be secret.

It was a big room, in a way I haven't seen before. On the right side of the room there was a sink and a toilet. Next to them there was a little table and some food on it. I couldn't be sure but the food seemed to be pretty old. I don't think it was eatable. I took a deep breath and I continued to look into the room. On the left there was a chair and a camera that was ready to record at any moment. I closed my eyes and when I looked the second time at that place it hit me. That was the place in which Elise was brought when we received that first video message from Katerina. That was the place where she was tortured.