Chapter 10

Marco's POV

"Are you sure you're going to be fine? I can stay with you if you need me" I ask Elise after putting my empty mug of coffee on the table.

"Yeah, don't worry. Last night I just had a moment of weakness. I'm a strong women" she says with a smile on her face. She is a strong women, but this doesn't mean she will be able to control what's she feeling.

"Marcel called me this morning" I say not wanting to keep secrets from her. I needed a person like her to be my friend, I didn't want to feel alone again.

"I know. I heard a part of your discussion" she answers letting her beautiful smile go away.

"He seemed to be angry, like he was jealous" I say looking at her.

"You know that's impossible, Marcel only cares about Aleksandra, but I'm used to it. Believe me, I'll get over him" she says trying to smile.

"Promise you'll call me if you need me or if something happens" I say standing up from my chair. "Anyway, I'll call you in a few hours."

"I'm not a child Marco, you don't have to worry about me, but yes, I'll call you later but only because I want to talk with you, not because something happened. Now go, you need to get over your injury, the next game is in a few days and I want you to play."

"Okay, mom, I'll go. Take care" I say while hugging her.

After leaving Elise's flat, I spent the rest of the day at the gym, following the doctor's advices. In the night, when he controlled me, I was happy to hear that I was healing and that there were a lot of chances for me to play in the next game. Elise was not surprised to hear that and she promised me she will come to my game, which made me want to be in a good shape. But my day was ruined by one phone call. Thomas, my lawyer, called to announce me that tomorrow is going to be my trial. Even if I wanted to shout at him for not letting me know earlier, I took a deep breath and resisted the temptation. I ended the conversation by promising to him that I'd get there in time.

When my eyes opened, it was only 5 o'clock in the morning, which means I still had two more hours to get ready. The trial was at 8, but I needed to be there at 7.30. I stood up from my bed and went to the kitchen thinking about making some coffee. I was nervous, I know Thomas told me he's gonna win this case but my life and more important, my career were depending on this trial. Why I was so stupid? I should've taken that driving license years ago.

Today was one of those days in which I had to wear a suit, a black one and a white shirt. Looking into the mirror I could see that I was pretty handsome. I smiled at this thought, happy that I was still being myself, that confident and arrogant Marco Reus women use to fall for.

Although I was still upset about what happened yesterday, I asked Marcel to take me to the court.

"Are you nervous" Marcel asks me after getting into his car.

"A little, but Thomas is going to win this trial" I say making Marcel look at me confused.

"About yesterday - " he starts to say but I refuse to give him the chance to apologize.

"Look Marcel, it's not me you should apologize to, I didn't care at all about what you thought I did with Elise. She is the one who was affected about what you and her friend thought. But, you know what? Maybe you shouldn't talk to her, just leave her alone" I say thinking about how would Elise feel seeing Marcel.

"I just don't understand how did you two become so close."

"It just happened, not everything has a reason. Why do I feel like you have a problem with our friendship" I say starting to get tired of this subject.