Chapter 1

August

I was sitting in the studio listening to this track Breezy and I just got through linking up on. I quickly pulled out my lighter to light this blunt so my mind could relax a little bit more when there was a sudden bang at the door.

"Come in " I yelled.

And was quickly approached by my brother Travis. Him and I had became closer than we ever did after our older brother died from a terrible car crash.

"What you in here doing lah bro?" Travis asked.

"Nun man just sitting in here thinking and listening to this track Breezy and I collaborate on. I think this shit gone be lit. Just thinking about what I could do to make it a little better." I said

Travis erupted in a loud laughter.
I looked at this nigga like he was crazy.

"What nigga?" I said

"Mannnnn you always thinking about your next move dude, just relax ya heard me. You been in this game for like five to six years my dude you turning 26 in three months man. You still haven't been on a vacation and you still haven't settled down like Ma want you too."

All I could do was nod my head because he was right. I been stressing like a slave plotting on when to escape. Lately, working on my 3rd album been having my mind in the zone. All I knew was work and sleep. When Trav said something about settling down it brought to mind how I really wanted to but it's so hard to trust these females now a days. Females trapping niggas and trying to leash off of them. Look at Breezy situation, she stay calling his phone asking for money when she got her own nigga to ask. I just couldn't do it right now, so music was my escape.

Snapping his fingers in front of me, Trav quickly brought my attention back in.

"Aye man where ya head at?" Trav said as he took the blunt from me.

"Nothing man just thinking about what you said, it's not that I don't want to settle down because I do but you know I ain't to kind of people especially shady ones. For once I want a normal girl, one who ain't after what I have but can provide her own and at least meet me half way. Is that too much to ask for."

I looked at Trav to see this nigga covering his mouth in a fist shape trying to hold back his emotions.

I sat up, "nigga is you crying?"

Trav looked up and not a drop of liquid was in his eyes. This nigga play too much.

" Ye- yeah man that was a heart to heart moment right there. Like I feel you dawg."

I busted out laughing this nigga right here play too damn much.

He joined me in laughing but quickly stopped when my phone rang.

Kenayde

I been at home all day today fixing my resume and putting in jobs applications around town. I needed a break. So I decided to go to the kitchen to pop some popcorn and chill out on the sofa. As soon as I stepped out my room I was quickly greeted by my puppy also, my son Major.

Major was my life and my other bestfriend. I got Major after I graduated high school from my ex boyfriend Daillon. I remember riding in the car with him after graduation to his moms house and there he was. Major sitting on the couch with a big red bow on him that said "Congrats graduate" Daillon and I dated for four years we met in 10th grade and after ten months of straight talking we decided to make it official. I thought my life was complete and filled with happiness until one day I got a call from his Ex Renee, saying that she was pregnant by him. Not to mention she called me off of his phone giving me this information and since that day I have yet to hear from him.

Major and Shay were there for me during that hard time in my life and I loved them dearly. Of course other guys tried to talk to me ,but my heart just couldn't take the pain anymore. I gave him my all.

Once my popcorn finish, I reached in the cabinet to get some ranch seasoning salt to sprinkle over my popcorn. I grabbed a bottle of water and turn on the tv in the living room.

Of course, the TV would be on Nickelodeon because I have a childish ass bestfriend. Shay stayed watching cartoons and Disney channel. I often wondered why we was best friends.
I shook my head laughing causing Major to bark at me.

I had turned the television to B.E.T and the previous award show was on and coming up was August Alsina's performance along with a special guest. Whew that man was pure sugar to my bitter tea and I was drinking it heavily. His skin tone and his height just did it for me, and don't forget the way he sings. Oh my God!!! I would have all his kids and drink his bathe water.

Well.....maybe I over did it to much with that but you just didn't understand.

I was also a fan of Breezy all his songs and every collaborate he did with an artist was a lit track and I just enjoyed him a lot. His performance ability was great! The way he performed was like he was meant to be up there on the stage. Of course he older than me but I don't care. And his daughter on my goodness was just the cutest thing alive.

I was quickly brought back to reality when I heard the door slam and keys hitting the counter.

I looked up to see Shay and her "friend" Saheed along with his friend Jordan. Jordan wasn't a bad looking guy but I already knew what he was about so I kept it on a hi and bye level.

Shay ran and jumped on me like she was light. We both erupted into a fix of giggles when Major suddenly got into fighting mode barking crazy at Saheed and Jordan.

My baby could never stand them. He constantly hid their things and chewed up their shoes.

"Major, come here baby". I cooed

"Yeah, get that rat of a dog away from me." Saheed said

Major must have understood because he quickly darted off to the other side of the room towards him in a heart beat attacking his face.

All Jordan, Shay and myself could do was laugh.

After I got major off of Saheed, I put him in my room and came back out to the living room where everybody was.

Shay patted the seat next to her for me to seat and said, " Ken, the guys want to step out tonight and I know you have been in this house coupe up all day. I think it's time for you to unwind and let your self go for the night."

I looked at her then the guys and thought about what she just said. I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea to step out and see want tonight has to offer.

I simply nodded my head, earning a grin from her and the guys to dap each other up.

I guess it is time to unwind a little huh?

Please excuse errors, I'm new to this shit, ya heard me?

Everybody in the MM except Saheed and Jordan lol

-Moe