Chapter 25

Kenayde

I felt so bad for crying like this in front of Aug. I felt so weak, that's why I hate crying. He eventually came in his room then to where I was and just held me as I cried. I knew he wanted answers so I had got myself together and focused on him.

I could see that he really did care about me because his eyes were glossy. We held the intense stare at each other for the longest until he looked away.

I reached out to grab his hands and he turned back to me. I gave him a weak smile and he brought my head in close to his head and rubbed my cheek.

"Baybeh, you ready to talk or you want me to wait?" He said

"I'm ready." I sighed

"What is it that you want to know ?" I asked

"I want to know why he made you that upset? Why you crying over something you had no control over? Are you over him?"

I took the time to think about how I would respond to his questions and I took a deep breathe.

"I was upset at the fact that I never really had the time to actually release my anger from what he did. Yeah true enough it was years ago but as soon as it happen it was like my life starting turning and moving fast. So I never really had time to think about it. Now that my life, I would say is excellent, because I meant you, my dad is fine, and I have extended family I never knew about, I felt like he was trying to bring me down by coming back into my life. Daillon always came and left when he please so this time I needed to put my foot down. I'm a caring person, almost too caring and I feel he takes that from granted."

Aug was looking at me like he wanted to say something else but he went against it.

"I know exactly what you mean baybeh, I do. And I understand what you going through. Do you think that maybe we moved too fast in dating ? Do we need to slow things down?"

I looked at him and no that is not what I wanted and I feel like this is not what I needed. I wanted August and only August.

"N-no, why would you say that? "

"I don't know you said you never really had time to express your feelings and I just want you to be all the way done before we move forward. I don't want you crying over another nigga while we together? Does that make sense ?

It made perfect sense what he was saying, but I didn't think it was all that of a big deal. It was just for the moment. I knew Aug cared for me because what guy you know comes all the way from Atlanta to Virginia to see a girl, then waited to ask her to be your girl. I knew it was unfair to him to how I reacted.

"August, what do you think we should do. Because honestly Daillon just caught me in the moment. It was unresolved feelings that I needed to release. I know I don't want him. I want you. But I don't want you to feel like that."

"I see what you saying but you said it was a moment thing, but what if one day, he just randomly caught you in the moment and you end up falling for him again. I just want things to be clear and out the way. I know I want you and I'm sure you want me but let's just take two weeks to not communicate to see if this is what we want."

When I say it felt as though my heart broke in a thousand pieces it did. But I completely understood what he meant. Maybe I did need to step away and figure this out. I know I don't want Daillon but I want to make sure he is completely out of my system.

Just a little filter.

How do we feel about this?

Lemme knowww

-Moe 💚