Chapter 44

Dinner

Once everybody arrived, they all gathered in the living room before going out in the backyard.

The whole time they were in the house, Travis and Shay kept making eye contact.

It wasn't awkward to anybody else except them.

Soon, August and Kenayde joined them and we proceeded to the backyard.

Shay had to use the restroom so she excused herself for a brief moment.

Travis saw that she had her phone with her so he slipped his phone out and text her.

Ladybug 🐞: Are you okay?

Lady bug was a nickname he developed for her while they were together.

Flame 🔥: Yes I am fine. Thanks for checking on me.

Flame was a nickname she came up with for him.

Neither of them changed their nicknames in their phones.

Ladybug 🐞: Your welcome. You looking gorgeous tonight, just thought you should know that.

Flame 🔥: Thank you again 😌 you look mighty handsome yourself.

Ladybug 🐞: 😏 Don't I always 🤔

Flame 🔥: Bye 🙄 I'm not about to play with you.

Ladybug 🐞: 😂 okay, I'll take that.

Shay locked her phone and walked outside.

She sat down next to Jay and they both sat across from Travis and Pia.

Shay didn't want to make eye contact so she looked everywhere except forward.

Dinner was served and all you heard was forks scraping plates.

While some people waited on others to finish, different conversations were going on.

Travis notice Shay just sitting there not talking to anybody.

Ladybug 🐞: I think we need to have a serious talk soon. I feel like we both need to talk and maybe even need closure. Are you okay with that?

He locked his phone and sat it on his lap.

Her phone buzzed and she took it out, reading the message.

A small smile crept on her face as she responded.

Flame 🔥: That would actually make me feel a whole lot better.

"So y'all just gone sit here and text in front of us ?" Pia stated while pointing her fork back and forth between Travis and Shay causing a scene.

Everybody stopped their conversations and listened in on what was unfolding.

"So, y'all deaf now ? Y'all need sign language? Because I know that too."