Chapter 34

Kenayde

"So what y'all naming my grandchild?" She said.

I could have sworn only the group knew and even though they have big mouths, I knew they didn't say anything.

Did August?

"Before you go to blaming others, nobody told me. I just know. How far along are you?"

Mama Sheila completely caught me off guard.

I remember August telling me she was smart and witty but damn.

"6 weeks on tomorrow" I replied back.

"Baby girl is going to be spoiled"

"Baby girl?"

"Mhmm" she said while sipping her tea.

I couldn't believe this.

I was so lost for words, I sat there not saying anything playing with my fingers.

"You know, the same thing happen to me when I was pregnant with August. His fathers mother told me the exact same thing. I freaked out and everything because I was the only one who knew."  She said

I still sat silent because in that moment I started to miss my mom. I wanted her here with me and tell me that everything was going to be alright.  As if Mama Shelia could read minds, she got up and came to my side and rubbed my back to confront me.

"She is looking down on you. She is proud of you Kenayde, she really is."

I couldn't help but put my head down and shed a few tears, I needed this release. It wasn't because I was sad or upset, they were actual tears of joy.

I finally got myself together and reached over and gave Mama Shelia a hug. She hugged me back and August came out the house.

We made eye contact and I seen the look of confusion on his face. I knew he wouldn't ask right away, but once we got alone a million questions were coming.

"Well, I'm glad to see my two favorite women are getting along." He said.

"You mean three" mama Sheila mumbled, just for me to hear.

We made eye contact , then busted out laughing.

August was hella confused and then decided to catch an attitude and walk back in the house.

"Virgos !"  Mama Shelia said while walking in the house.

They stayed for a little bit longer then left.

August still had an attitude and I still didn't care.

It was nothing for him to be upset about, so I let him stay mad with his mad ass.

I went in first and went straight to the kitchen while he went to his room. Not to mention he slammed the door.

I could have sworn I was the one pregnant ?

After I finished my fruit cup, I checked my phone and replied back to a few text and decided to go up stairs to see what was wrong with Mr. Attitude.

I open the door and I see him laying down watching ESPN with a mug on his face.

Wow. Just wow, what did the tv do?

"August? "

No reply.

"August, I know you hear me. "

No reply.

"Ok, that's find ignore me, I'll just grabbed my stuff and leave."