Chapter 32

Kenayde

I can not believe that I am pregnant! It has been plenty of times where I have tried and nothing happens.

August and I walked hand in hand into the doctors office after conversing with Chris and Jenay. We decided to meet up for dinner. Of course, Shay and Trav will be there so why not.

I laid back on the table and the first thing I seen pop up on the screen was the head.

"Damn that is my baybeh." August said out loud.

"How you figure?" I responded.

"First off it better be my damn kid, I ain't playing with you Kenayde. Second, big heads run in the family." He said.

I busted out laughing, but not to long before he covered my mouth with his hand.

"But us big headed people be the finest ones. Ain't that right baby." He look down at me and I rolled my eyes.

"That's right my son and I gone be pulling all the hoes. They gone be like aww you and your son are family goals an- "

I cleared my throat, looking at him with an arched eyebrow. He quickly got quiet and sat down.

The doctor chuckled and proceeded with the check-up. I was in love already with my tiny blessing. It was very unexpected but I was open to this.

I was a little over a month so we got a chance to hear the heartbeat. I awed and cooed at the screen and tear escaped my eyes.

I looked to the side of me and seen August look at me and get up and exit the room. I was confused as hell as to why his mood changed because he was just happy.

I asked the doctor to excuse me while I went to look for him. When I exited out the room I seen him leaning against the wall with his head against it. He had shades on so I couldn't see if he was looking at me or not.

I started to say something but I stopped when I seen a tear roll down his cheek. I quickly grabbed him and he embraced me tightly, slightly rubbing my back every so often.

I looked up at him and he looked down and kissed my lips.

"Baby are you okay? You scared me." I said while wiping his tears.

"Baybeh, I am more than okay. I am happy as hell that we got a little us growing inside of there." He said while rubbing my still flat stomach.

"I guess hearing the actual heartbeat got to me, like this shit is real!" He smirked a little.

"But baybeh think of the story we are going to tell them about how we met, that just lets me know this is suppose to happen. It could have been anybody else, but it's you." I looked at him and smile while a tear escaped my eyes again.

"Baybeh, don't cry, I'm just in my feelings strong right nah. I just can't help but pour my heart out to you. This day just reminds me of when I got my ex pregnant and in a few weeks she aborted my baybeh man. When I found out it took a lot in me to not kill her myself. So I'm just full of emotions right now." He admitted.

I nodded my head in assuring him that I heard and understood what he was telling me.

"August.....abortion is the farthest thing from my mind. When I tell you I am nervous and scared I am. But not giving this child a life is not what is going through my mind. Wit the help of you, family, friends and especially God...baby we are good. You hear me?"

"Y-yeah baybeh I do.....Kenayde I know this is sudden but that just made feel a certain way about you. Baybeh I love you." He said.

Hearing those words escape his mouth was my breaking point. I bet if somebody was watching us they would think we were crazy. If it wasn't me calming him down it was him calming me down and now we both crying like idiots.

"I love you too August." I said and I cried and kissed him.

Dinner

August was moving around in the kitchen cooking my favorite food. Chicken and shrimp Alfredo with rolls on the side and a nice salad. One thing I notice was I grew to love salad over time.

I decided to sneak behind him to scare him.

"Boo" we said at the same time, he scared me instead of the other way.  He smiled at me while I busted out laughing. I lean in to kiss him and in walks Travis.

"See that's how you ended up pregnant right there." He said

I looked at him and rolled my eyes.

"And your the reason why Shay almost went to the ER. Come to figure it out how da hell did dat happen my nigga." August laughed.

"Man I just know this, your sister crazy. She didn't think I would catch on to her planting a tracking device on my car, get this, I'm driving down the road and my car start beeping. Not the beeping like the door is ajar but beeping like its about to explode."

By now August and I was in tears because of how dramatic Travis was.

"So I pulled over listening to wear it is located at and go to it and found it. I parked my shit at my homie house, by then she was blowing up my phone because she knew I was on the other side of town. I got him to take me home and I got inside and I fuc---"

He was cut off by Shay walking in.

"You was what?" She slapped him in the back of his head.

"I sexed you back to sleep girlllllll" Travis sung all off key.

"You know what? If you gone mess up my song like that you could have saved I-" Chris said but was interrupted by Travis

"I told both of y'all light bright asses to put me on the track and y'all didn't, now y'all wondering why light skins ain't in no moe." Travis said with attitude.

"Sensitive ass, gay ass, dark ass, litt-"

"Alright you guys, that's enough." Nay said irritated, rubbing her big belly.

We sat down and begin eating not without August leading us all in prayer. I really admired that about him. He kept God first.

As soon as I was getting into the meal the doorbell went off.

"Who da hell..." August said while looking at the door. He got up to check the camera since we was all at his house.

He held a look of confusion when he didn't see anybody there but he still went to the door.

On the door step laid a rose and note attached.

Congrats on our baby Kenayde.

- Daillon

Damnnnnnnn Moe back at it again with the bullshit !

Love y'all

-Moe 💚