Chapter 8

Let's pretend that the mic is not on his shirt lol. Enjoy you guys 💋

Kenayde

Once I got myself together, HIM and the guy I ran into and I were standing looking at each other. I grew very nervous seeing I was the only female in the room.

August cleared his throat and the attention was on him.

"Hey, um I don't mean ta botha ya miss, but um I just had ta see ya again. I-I um damn I ain't Neva been dis nervous ta talk to a female. Excuse me. It's just I wanted to personally congratulate you on winning the contest day spending the entire day with me. August Alsina. "

It's like I heard what he said but I didn't really hear what he said. I was so thrown off by him just standing here talking to me. I tried to speak but my mouth was dry due to me standing there with my mouth open.

"Helluh? Aye Ms. Kenayde? Sweetheart? " he said snapping his fingers in front of my face.

I swear I could not believe it was actually him. It was a lot of stuff going through my body. Too many emotions at one time. I could not handle this. I had to take a seat.

I was so out of it I ask them to go get me a cup of water and some ice.

Once I got myself situated I was better to talk. I was still in shock and God knows I wanted to hop on him so fast and kiss them pink luscious lips but I had to contain myself.

"So....what you are saying is....I won?" I finally said trying to process everything.

"Ye-yeah ma, you did. Congratulations!" August said.

I blushed at the fact that he called me ma. Hell the fact that he was talking to me and not anyone else.

The tall brown skin guy cleared his throat. I looked up at him and he decided to speak.

"Ok so now that he spoke, it's my time to speak. Hello my name is Travis, marshmallow head over there is my brother. You got any friends? Like fine friends? I like long walks on the beach, I can get personal like all in my fee-" he was cut off by August clearing his throat.

I busted out laughing so hard. I soon caught on to how Travis tried to break the ice by speaking up. I thought quickly came to my head. Him and Shay would be perfect together.

August looked at Travis like why you embarrassing me.

I spoke up and said, " no it's fine August, I needed that. I'm still overwhelmed by you being here in this room with me but your brother is definitely an ice breaker."

"So about those friends? You got any? Because um"

I notice Travis put his head down and acted like he was crying.

"It's been a while since I actually had somebody. Somebody to rub my body down with baby lotion and put me in my onesie. I'm getting older by the day and I need somebody to be-"

Travis was cut off again by August.

"Man this ain't no damn blackpeoplemeet.com. Shut ya ass up. Damn! You always got to do something embarrassing. She didn't need to know about you doing allat." August gritted through his teeth.

I couldn't help but laugh again. I could definitely tell these two stayed arguing and messing with each other.

August looked at me that same way he did at the club and smirked.

I stopped laughing but I'm sure I had a goofy grin on my face.

"Ahh hell naw I ain't about to stand here while yall two make goo goo faces at each other and talk though your eyes and shit. Like them white people in movies. I'm outtie." Travis said

August and I both looked at each other and laughed while Travis left the room.

We sat in silence just looking at each other.

This time I was the one to speak up.

"So you do this often?"

"Do what ma?"

"Come to a girls job to get there attention"

He laughed "naw ma I don't but you, you different. I just knew I had to come see you for myself. I know you remember me that night at the club."

I grinned and put my head down. I heard footsteps and I looked up and he was standing before me.

"I knew it was you because your eyes tell on you. Like just a few minutes ago you wanted to kiss me. " he said

I blushed super hard and covered my face.
Why is he doing this to me?

He got down on one knee and took both my hands in his and said "Kenayde would you do me the honors of accepting to hang with me for a day?"

I laughed and blushed super hard again. I thought his gesture was cute. I nodded my head yes and covered my mouth.

He stood up and grabbed me along with him and we hugged. If I could stand like this forever I swear I would.

He pulled back and said "since you accepted my offer, that means I need to get your number."

I gave him number and he gave me his.

In his phone my name was: Kenayde 🙈💕
And in mines his name was: August 😘🙈

I swear I needed somebody to pinch me. I promise this is a dream.

August got Kenayde's number. He think he slick huh!

Travis being salty

Sorry this is short

I have nothing say.

Goodbye

-Moe