Chapter 40

Kenayde

Today was the day my baby went back to work along with Kinsley starting her first day of daycare.

August took off more than enough time from his singing career to make sure we was okay.

It wasn't my first day back, but still the thought of them not being home during the day bothers me.

I just don't want anything to happen to either one of them when in not around. Lord knows I dreaded that call.

I got up and made sure Kinsley was okay before I went downstairs and stared breakfast. August didn't have to leave until noon so we agreed on taking Kinsley to daycare together.

My baby hasn't been around any kids besides her cousins and even then she is rude.

She had a habit of throwing her bottle and pacifier at people  when she doesn't  get her way or when she doesn't want it anymore.

I don't know where she picked that up from but hopefully it stops.

After doing my hygiene, I walked downstairs to the kitchen.

I got to getting the ingredients out to prepare some food for them. She was reaching a year old in two months so some table food she was able to eat.

I instantly felt an arm wrap around me and smelled his scent. He had this scent that caught my attention more than anybody. He naturally smelled good.

"Goodmorning baybeh"

I turned around, stopping what I was doing to wrap my arms around his neck.

"Goodmorning love. How did you sleep?"

"I was sleeping great until you got out of bed. You know I have to have you there. That's part of the reason why I don't want to go back to work."

It was true August and I couldn't sleep without each other so now things were going to get hard.

I knew we could make it but we grown so attached to each other.

"I'm sorry baby, but I'm making breakfast to make up for it."

He looked down at me and smirked, leaning down to kiss me.

Right in the middle of kissing we heard our child feel up our ears with cries.

"I'll go get her" he mumbled on my lips.

I nodded my head and he grabbed my butt before slapping it.

I giggled and continued to make breakfast.

August

"What's wrong with Da Da baybeh ?" I asked Kinsley as I approached her.

Her crying started to die down and she started reaching for me.

I grabbed my baby and was graced with a poppy diaper.

"Ga damn! Ima have to take you to your mama ain't no way Da Da doing this." I spoke to her with a serious look.

I guess my look scared her because her bottom lip started to quiver up.

"Sh sh sh. It's okay Da Da didn't mean that, I'll change your diaper bug."  I spoke to her slowly laying her down on the bed.

She reached for my chain that  hung from my head and grip it with a tight grip pulling me back down to her face.

I took the time to kiss her forehead and her nose and she sighed afterwards and release my chain.

I changed her diaper and we headed down stairs seeing our Queen prepare breakfast.