Chapter 10

August

Man I don't know what is going on with me. I have never been the type to text or call a girl first. I thought she gave me the wrong number but Kenayde is different it is something about her that got me wanting more. I'm fascinated by her. It's like she pulls me in to want to know more about her.

It was 6 in the evening and a nigga was growing impatient. I forgot to ask her when she got off work but I didn't want to seem to eagered. She got me interested but let's be honest it's other options out there  just be tripping out about one, but I wanted that one.

Just when I thought that my phone had lit up with a text messages notification.

Travis: aye nigga what you doing?

I looked at it and locked my phone.

Travis: Nigga I saw you read my text and not respond, niggas just trifling.

Me: damn, nigga what you want?

Travis: Am I meeting my future wife tonight, or nah?

My phone started ringing and Kenayde name appeared to FaceTime.

"Hey!" She said all cheerful. She look like she just got out the shower and her glow was amazing on her.

"Hey Ma what's up! I thought you had died or something at work."

"What? She laughed. "Why would you say that?"

"It took you long enough to contact me. " I joked and rolled my eyes at her.

She busted out laughing. On the outside I was joking but deep down I was so serious.

"Well if you must know, work had got really busy and I had to come home and wash today off of me. I need to relax a little bit before our night full of entertainment happen."

I was about to respond when I heard Travis ass yelling down the steps at me about how I'm selfish and I don't care nothing about myself because I didn't respond to him. What this nigga fail to realize is, he was right up stairs. He could have brought his crusty ass down the steps and talk but nooooo he had to text me. So of course I didn't respond.

Once he go let down to were I was. He was still talking shit until he slipped up and said something too far.

"  You been smiling from ear to ear ever since you got Kenayde number. Just a few minutes ago you was acting all sad and now yo-"

"Uh oh " he said once he realized I was on the phone with her.

"So you was sad because you ain't talk to me. You thought I was going to stand you up again?" She laughed.

"Yeah you know, it would have hurteded my heart if you did that." I pretended to fake cry.

"I know like hell, you didn't say hurteded." She laugh.

I stopped fake crying and started to chuckle a little bit.

"So once I finish getting myself together I will text you my address and you guys can come over."

"Ok ma." I responded.

I took my phone upstairs and hopped in the shower. Before I actually got in she text me her address. I called for Trav and told him to get hisself together.

Once we was done cleaning up, we hop in my car and started our way to Kenayde crib.

Kenayde

Once I had text August my address, I screamed for Shay to come in my room.
I told her that Travis was coming along with him and she damn near killed herself to go and get herself together.