Chapter 14

Kenayde

We had finally arrived at the club. Along the way August and I made small talk and we agreed to not go there anymore unless we are ready. I noticed how he really talked about God, not only in his interviews, but just with us hanging out over the time being.

I knew about God and the whole church thing but when he talks about it, it makes me more interested and want to learn more. I see the way his eyes glow up and I want to experience that. Maybe that can be the reason why I feel like my life is incomplete.

After my mom died I was told not to question God and not to ask him why, but forget that I asked. I cried and cried and still no answer. Maybe God brought August in my life for a reason.

We walked in the club hand and hand and was greeted by people on the way. We skipped the line and was in. I had my phone in my hand so it lit up and vibrated. Shay had text me and asked me where I was. It seem like we had walked forever until I finally seen her.

Shay grabbed my hand and we darted off to the bar to order drinks. A drink was well needed after tonight's adventures.

"Soooooo....." Shay trailed off.

I looked at her with one eyebrow arched.

"Sooooo, what nigga?" I said in a joking manner.

"Why the hell yall went to August crib and is just now coming out. We split up at 10:30 it's 12:45? What the hell yall been doing? " she said standing up putting her hands on her hips.

I laughed and by then our drinks came so I smirked and look her way while I sipped my drink.

"Ooooooooooh, I see how it is. You ain't gone tell me what happen ? I thought we was better than that. It's cool though. I ain't tripping. I thought I was your motherfuckingniggatilthedayyoudie. But I see." She ranted.

Every time I would say a word or even try to talk to she would start talking again. After a while the shit got annoying so I walked away, only for her to follow me and continue to talk.

"Ohh my Gahhhh! Guhh shut up! " I said while laughing.

She looked at me like nigga no you didn't and I busted out laughing.

I couldn't stay mad at her annoying ass that was my bestfrannnn.

We had turned around and we ran into a photographer.

"Hey you were with August Alsina today! Can you pose for this picture" the photographer said. And of course knucklehead had to be in the picture.

"Thanks!" He said and was about to walk off

"Hey has anybody told you ladies that you two look alike?" We looked at each other like we were examining ourselves in the mirror and then busted out laughing.

"No" we both said at the same time.

He shrugged his shoulders and walked away.

Come to think about it, we did get told that a lot. Only I was darker than her and taller. I never seen a picture of Shay parents now that I thought about it. She seen a picture of my mother but that was about it. We thought it was funny how our dads had the same name. Wayne. I shrugged it off and kept it moving.

We had return to the guys and they were happy to see us. August was a little too happy. He grabbed me and sat me on his lap.

"I missed you, where did u go ?" He said grabbing my waist.

I looked back and smirked.

"To go see my other man. He brought me a drink at the bar." I raised up my cup.