Chapter 37 (Short)

Kenayde

I never thought I would see the day that I would have to tell my love goodbye so soon.

It all started when I got that call and Travis told me that August was dead along with their other cousins.

How was I going to raise Kinsley by myself? How was I going to tell her that her daddy wasn't here with us anymore? How was I going to explain that he died trying to save both of us? How was I going to live knowing that I was half of the reason he was dead.

If he didn't meet me he wouldn't be dead. He would still be here, but all because of my actions in the past lead to this.

Today was the day we buried August.
Today would be the day that I would see him since he left that night. I would have did the funeral arrangements but I couldn't. Ever since they told me he was gone, I would call his phone over and over again and it would go straight to voicemail.

I cried my eyes out, begging that he would come back to us. We needed him.

Flashback

August POV

"Aye woe, we outside the house where fuck boy and his little bitch at." My cousin Skeet told me over the phone.

"Aight bet, lemme put my baby to sleep and tell Kenayde that I'll be out handling business" I responded

"Take ya time man, I know those girls are your heart and world. We got it just let me know when you on the way."

"Aight. One" I hung up.

I went to my baby girls room and she was sleeping peaceful. It hurt my heart that this asshole couldn't take no for answer.

I will lay my life down for my ladies man. So any means necessary I was going to do it.

I rubbed her cheek and kissed her on the lips. I loved my baby with everything in me. She was apart of me and her mama. I couldn't resist not picking her up, it was like that everytime she was around. I just had to hold her.

She stirred in her sleep, but calm down when she recognized it was me. I cradle her in my arms because it felt like it would be the last time I seen her or held her.

I didn't know what Daillon had up his sleeve but I was ready.

I sung lowly to her while I rocked her back to sleep. After awhile she went back and I kissed her again.

I laid her down and walked into Kenayde and I room.

So much has changed in a year almost two.
My career was at a steady point, I had the love of my life by me, my family was getting along, I squash all pass beef, and to top it off I had my little one who was full of joy.

I got in the bed behind Kenayde and wrapped my arms around her. She stirred a little bit then woke up when she felt me kissing her shoulder.

"Hey" she said in her sleepy voice.

"Hey baby" I said back.

"I thought you was gone" she said.

"No not yet, I will be in a few just giving my loves some love before I leave. I love you and Kinsley and would do anything for y'all, you hear me baby?"

"Yes I hear you, and we love you too. You are our world just like we are yours. You are our daddy."

I kissed her because I didn't know what to respond back.

Once I put her back to sleep the best way I knew how I was out.

I called up my cousin.

"Aight woe, send me the location"

"Bet" he responded.

Two minutes later I got the address and headed there.

While driving I seen a random car following me but I didn't pay it no attention. My focus was this address and getting back home.

I soon approached a red light and I noticed the car switched lanes to my left.

I didn't bother to look because I was focused.

I called my cousin making sure he was still posted and straight and it went straight to voicemail.

"The fuck?" I blew out in frustration and sat back in my seat.

As soon as my head hit the seat.

Bullets started falling and my my breathe quickly became short and my eyes closed.

"Kena- yde ...... Kin baby" was the last words I spoke.

Kenayde

"Baby....baby...baby.....wake up! Why you crying mama? " he said.

I sat up quickly and kissed him over and over again. I was in a cold sweat and everything and none of that mattered.

"Baby what's wrong ?" He slightly chuckled

"Baby I had a dream you was gone, somebody shot you while you was going to handle Daillon and Tia. Baby was heart was gone. I had a dream about everything! I'm so glad you here."

He got quiet, and I looked at him.

"What's wrong ?" I said.

"It's just making me realize that we need to handle the situation better. I can't afford to leave you and Kin Kin like that. So we gone have to be smart about this and it's going to have to take time. "

I couldn't agree with him more because my world would be gone without my baby.

Oops !

Y'all still love me though right ?

Lmao! Y'all thought Aug was gone 😂💀

I ain't shit. I know.

-Moe 💚