Chapter 23

Kenayde

The day I woke up the sun look like it was setting already! I look over to my phone and it read 5:30 p.m. Wtf ! Along with the time was a lot of text messages and calls.

I sat up in the bed and pain shock through my body. I decided to go against the pain I was feeling and took a shower. Once I got myself together I put on a dress and some shoes to match and hit the door making my way to the hospital to see my dad.

I checked my buzzing phone

August 😘 baby, you walked straight pass me once you woke up, what is wrong ?

I swear I didn't even realize he was there still. I was in such a rush.

August 😘 damn, now I know how it feels to have a one night stand. I'll promise to never put in on you like that ever again.

August 😘 babyyyyyyyyyyy 😩😩

By this time I was crying laughing at how petty he was.

Me: lmao! 😂 please stop your bull boy, I'm going to come back. I swear I didn't see you though. If you seen me you should have said something.

August 😘 I was too busy looking at your assets 👅💦🍑

Me: Goodbye Augusta!  😂  I'll see you later. I'm at the hospital seeing my dad. I'll call when I'm leaving.

I put my phone up once I approached my dads room door. I took a deep breathe and walked in.

When I walked in I saw Omari and Shay. Along with a cute little boy, that was always talking gibberish.

"Mega, say hey to your Tete." Omari told who I learn to be was his son.

Mega looked at me and ran towards me and pulled on my dress and pointed at my dad.

When I looked at my dad he look very much well alive. I smiled at him and picked Mega up.  He ended up laying his head on my shoulder and rubbed my back.

I feel in love instantly with my nephew.
Wow it felt different saying that.

I walked towards my dad bed and reached for his hands. I was met with immediate warmth from him.

"Hey daddy, how you feeling?" I asked.

"Hey baby, I am great, I feel great and I have even better news." He said.

I looked at Shay and Omari. They both seem to be in great spirits and was smiling.

"Okay daddy what is it."

"Well, last night I had a rough night, which cause them to take me into the ER, come to find out I do have cancer but I'm not that far along, basically I can get treatment. Baby, daddy isn't going anywhere unless the good lord decides other wise."

I was so over joyed with happiness that I didn't even realize I was crying until Mega sat up wiping my tears from my cheeks. He still was rubbing my back, almost like he was consulting me.

I felt like things were falling into place for me in my life. My dad was doing great. I found out I have a sister that has been my bestfriend. I found out I have a celebrity brother and on top of that I have a petty boyfriend whom I'm starting to adore.

I knew that it was finally my time to be happy. Not saying that I wasn't happy with life, but I want to enjoy it being more than just material things. I like to share happiness with people around me.

"So I heard you got your self a boyfriend?" My dad said in a knowing manner.

"Yes daddy I do and even though we just met I can see a future with us."