Chapter 9

Kenayde

Once I had sneaked August and Travis out of the hospital my day was all a blur. I could not even focused at work. I was so much in aw. Normally on my lunch break, I would stay at work and relax there but I had to go home and see my bestfriend and tell her about my day.

Once I got into our apartment, everything seem quiet so I figured she was in her room. I pushed her door open and no sight of Shay. I thought to myself, normally Major would beat me to the door. I went to my room and lord behold the two of them was knocked out on my bed.

I clapped my hands together really loud and both of them jumped up only Shay jumped up to fast and fell off the bed.

"Girl, don't do that I almost could have diedddd" Shay said dramatically.

I shook my head and sat at the end of the bed waiting for her to get herself together. This was more than tea, this was like a strawberry daiquiri!

"Why are you home so early it's 1?" Shay said

"Well, excuse me for coming home and checking on my bestfriend and baby boy" I cooed rubbing Major fluffy coat.

"Girl, what do you want. I was just having a dream about Chris Brown kissing my tattoos. And he was making his way down to my-" I coughed so I would not hear the rest.

"You a hating ass female for that move Kenayde. But forreal what is up. You moving around on the bed like you got ants in your pants." Shay said looking disgusted.

"Okay okay , you won't believe what happen today at work girl. So I go to work and everything seems like it is going to be a boring day. I go to my office area and I notice we had a lot of few open spaces in-" shay sighed loudly.

"Kenayde, as much as I would love to sit here and hear every detail leading up to your wonderful day I wish you-"

"August Alsina came to my job and gave me his number not to mention I won the contest." I said really quickly closing my eyes shut.

The room was very quiet. I peeked one eye open and her and Major both looked at me like what did you just say.

I opened both eyes and breathed in and out slowly.

" I'm sorry girl, you know a while back I had to get my ears check because they said I was hard of hearing bullshit" Shay said.

I laughed but I was so serious though.

"Shay, girl I am serious, it's a lot of things I joke around about but this seems to be legit." I said .

"Nope,nope I believe your ass is lying there is no way you met him."

Once she said that my phone starting ringing and lord behold it was August face timing me.
Shay looked at me with a oh my goodness facial expression. I started screaming and freaking out. She slapped me then pressed the green button to accept the FaceTime.

I stopped and got myself together and was soon graced with his face.

He was grinning from ear to ear.

"Wassup ma?" He said.

I fell back on the bed with the phone sitting on my lap.

"Helluh? Helluh? Kenaydeeee......you still there?" He said

I sat up and grabbed my phone.

"Ye-yes I am sorry about that" I said

"Still can't believe it huh?" He said

"Yeah" was all I could get out.

Shay slapped my arm multiple times with her hand across her mouth.
I mouthed to her " I told you so" and rolled my eyes.