Chapter 40 - Brother

Sleep was getting more and more difficult for me to catch up to. What time was it? I looked around in the dark, contemplating weather to get up to look for Justin or just lay and await till sleep caught up to me. I sighed deeply.

Why was this bitch testing my patience? Why hadn't Justin came yet. I didn't want all this to ruin my night and to think Justin wasn't coming in any time soon, I closed my eyes.

Before I knew it, all the irrational thinking knocked me out. I just wanted peace. Dark shadows, splattered blood, echoing voices, and chains were all prominent and coming back to me again. I tightened my eyes and but kept them close. I rolled around on my bed and squinted my eyes couple of times. My body began to sweat under a thin blanket and I didn't see how that was possible considering the fact that it was very cold outside and a very comfortable temperature in the house. I groaned.

Alone and asleep. If those two caught up to me, nightmares and horrifying visions would rise. Did all Rare Bloods go through this before they died? I kept my eyes closed and before I knew it I was teleported into another dimension.

I found myself in a very unusual, dark place. There was a dark shadow that lingered around me, provoking me. I turned around.

"If only you listened to me," he said. I kept my ground, still.

"I know who you are."

"You've no clue, darling."

"Why are you doing this?"

"Give me what I want and I'll go away." What a joke. What villain spares a life after getting what they want?

"It's not yours anymore. When will you get that through your thick, hard headed skull? I am not someone you want to mess with. So, do Justin and I a favor and go away! We're fearless," I challenged. Even through I couldn't see who was in front of me, the dark shadow grew darker. He was angry. He let out a monstrous laugh.

"I've killed numerous Rare Bloods. Who are you to challenge me, stupid girl? I warned you before. You can't win this battle. You too shall die and so will the others around you."

"YOU---"

"Let the game began." Then the shadow was gone, leaving my body and soul trembling in fear.

I sat upright on the bed, beads of sweat running down my forehead. My heart accelerated. I looked outside the window and realized the sun was about to rise. Daylight was prominent. Sleeping was out of the question. Tears pricked my eyes but I shoved them away before they fell. Quickly, I got off the bed and decided a shower would do early in the morning.

---------------------------
When I got out of the shower in just a towel draped around me, I saw Justin sitting on the bed facing me. Remorse written all over his face but I wasn't mad. He was agitated, that much was clear. I walked up to him and sat down, clutching his hands under mine.

"Hi," I murmured, genuinely smiling at him. He sighed before grabbing me and pulling me into him. I squeaked.

"Hi. I missed you," he murmured.

"What did she want?" I asked, anger rising in me again.

"Nothing important." He wasn't giving anything away but I didn't want to know either. Anything that angered me right now, I wanted to stay away from. All I knew right now was that he was back with me again.

"Let's go out. I want to show you something," he said, drawing away from me before capturing my mouth in a swift, gentle kiss. I smiled.

"Okay. Where?"