Chapter 30 - Go Where Now?

The sun was bright. Almost too bright. And the birds outside were loud. But I was comfortable and in peace. I clutched the soft pillows closer to me and hugged them to my chest. Then something small and wet touches me on my cheek and I turn my head back. 

Justin sat on the bed and watched me. 

"This is not normal, you know? It's five past 12 and you're still in bed," he chuckles. I snort.

"It's my birthday. Let me rest, peacefully, Mr. Rivers," I smile, leaning up to give him a small kiss on the mouth. All of a sudden the bedroom room flies open. It startles me at first but then I cannot help but to laugh.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAYY!" The girls sing in unison. All three of them walk inside with a big cake lit up just ready for me to blow on it. I laugh.

"Thanks, you guys! This is sweet!" 

"Well? Come on, now. Blow on it," Jennifer urges. I laugh.

"At least let me brush!"

"Let the girl breathe!" A voice says from behind them. I smile.

"Happy birthday, Sweetheart," Molinda says, giving me a swift kiss on the cheek. 

"Thank you, everyone."

"Now, get up! We got things to do! It's your birthday and I think we want to treat you out today," Taylor says, giving me a wink. 

"I think we will let Alex decide what she wants to do," Molinda says. I chuckle at the look of the girls face. I pinch the bridge of my nose and smile. I switch glances at take every face in. Justin crosses his arms against his check and smirks.

"I can manage both," I mumble. 

"That's like our girl! Now come on--" I cut Jennifer off before she can finish.

"That's not happening. Alright, everyone. Get out," Justin recoils, opening the door for everyone. 

"How is that fair?" My other Alex says, stepping out first. 

"Everything is fair in love and war, now get out." After many laughs and giggles Justin did manage to have everyone out. He closes the door behind him and sits down next to me. 

"It's your day. Whatever you want." I bite my lip. Anything I want? I cross my legs indian style.

"You can take me out to my favorite breakfast place for a starter?" I smile.

"Okay. And?" 

"Oh, I get more? YES! You can take me out shopping and buy me a whole new wardrobe. While you're at it I think I might need a new car. You can get me a bentley? Not too much. Oh, and...a big cake with pretty candles on it," I mumble, biting my lip from smiling. Justin tilts his head to the side.

"I think we can manage. Come on," Justin grabs my waist and pulls me up in one swift motion. I shriek in response. 

"Wait, you're serious? I can understand everything else I threw at you but I think a Bentley is a dream come true. You will get me one?" 

________________________________________

 Breakfast turned into lunch. It was just the two of us having brunch at my favorite eatery place. I picked on my food and played around with it a little. Even though the food was delicious I just couldn't comprehend on my tastebuds. I wanted to badly to just push away my emotions aside before Justin spotted them but I couldn't.

Mother didn't call not once. Not a single text nor a voicemail. This wasn't her. She would scream Happy Birthdays to me long before the sun even came up. But here I was...having brunch without a single blessing from her.