Chapter 11

I woke up in the same hospital room as before, except I had an oxygen mask on my face. I looked around and found Samuel sleeping in the chair beside the bed, snoring softly. Butterflies fluttered in my stomach as the sight of him, but I quickly shoved them away. My hatred for him quickly flooded my sense as I glared at him, my hands forming into fists.
I looked away from him as the doctor walked in, reading a chart. He looked up and smiled.
"You're awake." He observed.
I nodded, "Yes, it seems so."
"Well, looks like the dear King didn't listen to my instructions. You went into cardiac arrest, again." His voice was filled with anger as he glared at the sleeping Samuel. "You've been out for three days, he hasn't left that spot at all."
I looked back over at Samuel, but only felt disgust by the sight of him.
"Just to make sure his prisoner doesn't escape." I scoffed.
The doctor sighed, "I injected him with some medicine to help him sleep...you should return home during this time."
I gaped at him, is he serious? "Return home?"
He nodded, "Yes, I've already discussed it with him, but he's attached to you...his wolf would force him to keep you here. So, you must leave as soon as possible."

I raced through the trees, guiding the bay gelding around the large trunks. I glanced back at the castle, my black hood and cape swirling around my form. I focused back on the path ahead of me, the gelding's thundering steps echoing through the creaking trees.
We crossed the stream and galloped into the meadow, using the moon's gentle light as our guide. I sighed in relief as my home came into sight, I'm free.
I cooled the horse off before dismounting and putting him away in the stables. I frowned when I saw no one had cared for the animals while I as gone. I shook my head, I knew my pack didn't care. My family was, after all, the outcasts.
I fed all the horses, pigs, chickens, and cows before locking the barn and going inside my house. I switched on the lights and smiled, feeling at home. I locked my front door before going up to my room.
I curled up in my warm blankets and closed my eyes, relaxing as I drifted off to sleep.
I woke up the next morning feeling groggy and disoriented. The sun shines brightly through my window, making it harder to sleep.
I groaned, "Why must the sun be so bright?" I grumbled.
I crawled out of my bed and downstairs to see if I had any good food. Sadly, I didn't, but I couldn't go to the market. The doctor had given me money, but he warned me to stay inside for at least five days.
So, I have to go with no food for five days? I shook my head, this sucks.
I bathed myself, got dressed, and walked outside. Well, I can't take care of the farm from inside.
I opened the barn doors and fed the animals before checking the hens' nests for eggs.
I grinned, oh how I love owning a farm. I grabbed the eggs and ran inside to cook them, looks I'll eat after all. I also milked the cow before returning to my cooking breakfast.
Once I was full and everything was cleaned up I relaxed on my porch.
It was hard to believe that Samuel would let me leave this easily, which had me thinking he's going to come back for me. I sighed, well, I guess I could enjoy my freedom while it lasts. Who knows when that jerk will reappear.