Chapter 28

I stared at my parents, baffled by what they had just told me. Samuel chuckled at my defeated expression, his eyes shining with amusement. I scowled at him, but the longer I glared at him the more I wanted to smile. I sighed and rolled my eyes, I looked back at my parents.

"Another ball?" I asked softly.

My mother nodded, "I know you just had one at Samuel's castle not so long ago, but this is to celebrate that you're home."

I nodded, "Fine."

The minute I had agreed to the ball was the minute my mother cheered and dragged me out to the village. I wanted Samuel to come since Emerald had returned to their castle, but my mother insisted my father talk to him. I eventually gave in and got ready to go shopping, even though I had no idea what to even do. I wasn't used to this at all, when I was with my other family we barely ever went shopping. My other parents were very tight on money and had to save every dime in case we needed something. Luckily, we were the ones who grew the food for the village so food wasn't exactly an issue with us.

I followed my mother silently, still pretty reluctant to shop. She chuckled at my befuddled look while dragging me to multiple stores. We scanned through the gowns until my eyes landed on a beautiful maroon one. It was absolutely stunning; it was strapless and almost looked like a maroon version of Bell's dress. Except the top was covered in silver sparkles that faded as you went down the dress. My mother instantly walked over to it and nodded, she then asked an employee if I could try it.

My mother zippered up the dress and made me turn around, once I was fully facing her she gasped. Everyone in the store stopped and stared at me in awe. I could feel myself blush as I quickly looked down, refusing to stare anyone in the eye.

"This is definitely the one, do you like it?" my mother questioned.

I smiled and nodded, "I love it."

My mother swiftly grabbed her money and handed it to the employee before grabbing a bag. I threw on my original outfit as my mother gently put my dress in the bag. She thanked the employee then proceeded to guide me somewhere else. We eventually ended up spending the whole day in the village, by the time we reached the castle I as glad I went. I was exhausted though, the moment Samuel walked over I collapsed into his arms. I could hear his soft laughter as he picked me up bridal style.

"I'll take her bags upstairs." he told my mother.

My mother chuckled, "You've got your hands full, her bags can stay in my room for now. Thank you."

I feel Samuel nod his head before turning and walking up the stairs. I smiled, satisfied with using his chest as a pillow. I heard our bedroom door slowly open with a loud creak before it closed again, I then felt Samuel lowering me. He gently placed me on our bed and dragged the blanket over my body. Before he could leave my hand shot out, grabbing his wrist. He stopped walking and turned to my tired eyes.

"Where are you going?" I yawned.

He smiled, "I'm just going to take a shower then I'll be out."

He lightly kissed my head, but once his eyes landed on my lips he kissed them too. I kissed him back, when he closed the bathroom door I got up and yawned again. I crawled out of the bed to search for pj's, frowning at the very revealing clothes. I growled softly, Emerald and her attempts to get me and Samuel to mate. I sighed in relief when I found a tank top and sweatpants, once I had those on I sat on our bed.

Samuel walked out of the bathroom in only his boxers, I gaped at him. His muscled chest and stomach were shining with water droplets. His dark curls were wet as they clung to his face, his bright eyes shined with contentment. He smirked at my hungry eyes, delight was obvious in his eyes.

"Like what you see?" he asked as he crawled in beside me.

I smirked and flipped over so I was straddling him, I pinned his arms down and leaned in. I smiled even more and started kissing his neck.

"Very much." I whispered seductively.

He moaned when I reached a certain point, my grin grew even wider. When we do mark one day, I'll be marking him right there. My canines grazed the skin of that sensitive area, causing him to moan again. Something stirred within me, but I shoved it aside. Samuel's eyes were shining with desire as he watched me, his hands gripping the sheets. I watched as his muscles tightened with each tightened grip, causing my own desire to rise. I swallowed, with a lick of my lips I got off and laid beside him. He looked at me before lunging and pinning me down, lechery danced within those brown orbs. He studied me for a moment, the lust mixing with awe on his face.

He then leaned down and gave me a simper look, "You shouldn't tease me, baby girl." he whispered, his voice husky.

"And why is that?" I fired back, my voice slightly mocking.

He raised an eyebrow, "Darling, I don't think you're ready for that answer."

I chuckled, "Just kiss me, idiot."

He smirked before crushing his lips to mine, both of us throwing all of our passion into this one kiss. I cupped his face and pulled him closer, needing to feel him against me. He gently placed his hand on the back of my head and tilted my head a bit. His other hand felt my body, he avoided my core as he moved his hand so he could run it through my hair. When we parted I was in a daze, but so was he. He smiled lazily at me.

"I love you." he murmured as he placed me beside him.

He turned off the light and wrapped his arms around me, gently nuzzling his face into my neck. I smiled and kissed him on the temple. I gently ran my fingers through his hair as my mind brought me down memory lane, right when Lycan had stabbed him and I almost lost him forever.

I kissed him again, "And I love you."