Chapter 36

We walked into the kitchen to see my parents' concerned faces. My father sighed as he threw a paper on the table, his brows knitted together in frustration. My mother just stood quietly beside him, staring at the ground with a far away look. Samuel and I glanced at each other before clearing our throats, alerting them that we were here.
They both snapped their heads up to see us staring at them, frowns on both our faces. It was silent for a minute before my father finally decided to speak.

"Lycan is threatening to attack the kingdom." He explained. "If Arabella isn't returned to him by Thursday night then Saturday he's attacking. He has a large group of rogues with him, apparently. And Samuel there's something else..."

"What?" Samuel urged.

My father sighed, "Your original mate is with them."

Samuel shook his head, "No, I watched her die. I saw them kill her."

"Wait, I thought you executed her." I voiced, looking at Samuel.

He sighed, "I was about to, but the rogues attacked and killed her themselves."

"I see." I whispered.

"Apparently Cecilia helped him convince the Vampire King to bring her back by turning her." My mother cut in.

I frowned, "How? Vampire venom kills us."

"He stripped her of her wolf and made her human, only powerful beings such as he can do that. Once she was human he then gave her his venom and turned her. She still has all her memories, but since she no longer has her wolf your mate-bond is gone." She explained.

Samuel nodded, "So...it's like we were never mates?"

"Yes, as of now, Arabella is your first mate. Not her." My dad spoke. "Speaking of which, did you guys complete the bond?"

"Yeah, why?" I asked.

He frowned, "You screwed my daughter!? She's only eighteen!"

"Oh, shut up! You screwed me when I was seventeen." My mother sighed with a roll of her eyes. "We have more important manners to discuss. Like, gee I don't know, protecting the kingdom and preparing for an attack."

"Attack?" I asked.

My father frowned, "You didn't think we would actually hand you over to him, did you? He's a disgusting boy."

"No, I know, but...I suck at fighting." I replied. "I want to learn."

"Before Saturday? Arabella, I don't think-

"She does have our genetics in her, you should automatically be able to fight. Only if you can connect with your wolf." My mother states, cutting Samuel off.

Samuel frowned, "I'll train her then."

"So will I." My father sounded. "Now, go and get ready. Training starts in ten minutes."

I nodded and scurried up to my room, my mind going crazy with thoughts. Samuel gently pulled me and pinned me against the wall. He stared at me before crushing his lips against mine. When we parted I gasped and stared at him.

"What was that for?" I asked.

He smiled, "I just wanted to kiss you."

"He's afraid of losing you to Lycan." My wolf whispered in the back of my mind.

I smiled at him and kissed him, "You won't lose me."

"But what if...what if I do?" He asked quietly, fear sparkling in his eyes.

I frowned at him, "You won't."

He sighed and nodded before wrapping his arm around my waist. He kissed me on the top of my head and stared ahead.

Before we entered our room, he looked at me. "Just promise me one thing."

I nodded, "What?"

"If you are getting tired during the attack you will mind-link me and tell me? In case we get separated." He said while stroking my cheek with his thumb. "Please?"

"I promise." I whispered, kissing him on the cheek. "And you will do the same?"

"Yes, I will."

"Good."