Chapter 39

After standing there for a few more seconds I started to run out of the hallway, following Samuel's scent. However, the man suddenly grabbed me by my ankle, causing me to fall. I yelped as I slammed my head on the floor, wincing as I started to sit up. I gently grabbed the now bloody part of my head, grimacing at the stickiness from my blood. I attempted to crawl away from him, but he grabbed me again.

"No!" I snapped as I tried shoving him off.

"Why are you even bothering to fight? I'm clearly stronger than you, sweetheart. Not only that, but your mate wants nothing to do with you for now. All I want is a feel..." He trailed off as he tried pinning me down.

Tears rolled down my cheeks as I tried to scream, but he swiftly covered my mouth. I felt sick and dizzy from smacking my head, black spots were starting to dot my vision. I tried moving so I could at least kick him, but he already had my legs pinned. His sickening scent hit my nostrils, making me gag.
Flashbacks from what Lycan had done crossed my vision. I cried loudly, my fear taking its hold on me.

"Leave me alone!" I yelled through his dirty hands.

"Sorry, no can do." He laughed darkly. "He told me what a joy you are, so it's natural for me to want a bite."

I cried even more, my sobs shook my body as I continued to fight. Adrenaline pumped through my veins, but my tears, my cracked head, and drowsiness made me sloppy as I fought. Even so, I was able to free one hand, using this as a chance at freedom, I clawed his face. He jumped from the sudden pain, growling lowly.

"You're going to pay for that bitch." He snarled.

"No, she isn't paying for anything. But you...."

I opened my eyes to see Samuel stalking towards us, a look promising death directed at the warrior. With lightening speed, Samuel dragged the man off of me and threw him against the wall. He then pinned him down and punched him, earning a shout of pain from the scumbag. I slowly climbed to my feet and stumbled towards the other side of the hall.
I winced and looked at my ankle, guess I hurt that too when I had fallen. I closed my eyes and pinched the bridge of my nose as a wave of nausea washed over me.
I jumped when I felt someone gently cupping my face. I looked up to see Samuel studying me with worry.

"Why did you come back? I thought you were too busy being a drama queen." I asked, slight anger in my voice.

He sighed, "I was being an insecure idiot and realized it. The only important question is if you're okay."

I stared at him for moment until I couldn't hold it in anymore. I broke down in tears and collapsed against him. He instantly wrapped his arms around me and picked me up.

"Shhhhh, it's okay, you're okay." He soothed.

I shook my head, "H-he almost...just l-like Lycan..."

"Just like Lycan?" He questioned.

I nodded my head, "J-Just like him."