Chapter 25

"No, Samuel, please!" I cried out as his eyes began to shut.

Lycan stood over his fallen form, laughing like a maniac. He hand shot out and grabbed my wrist, his grip crushing my bone. I bit back my scream as he pulled me away from Samuel, tears rolled down my cheeks as we made eye contact. His eyes were dull with pain and sorrow, he gave me a sad smile.

"I love you." he whispered.

I clenched my jaw, more tears were now flowing from my eyes. I swallowed my sobs, "I love you too."

His smile grew a little larger before his eyes slowly closed and his breathing stopped. I tried listening for his heartbeat, but I only heard one last beat before it fell silent. Anger suddenly exploded inside of me as I spun around and attacked Lycan.

"I hate you!" I screamed out. "You took him away from me! I loved him!"

I continued clawing at him as his screams pierced the air, I was blinded by rage. I lost yet another person I loved, but this time, it was a much different love. It was my one true love. My clawing slowed down until I stopped and sat there, ignoring the pool of blood surrounding me. Lycan's eyes were wide, but dead. His heart was no longer beating, his chest was no longer rising, and all the life left him.

Someone gently placed their hand on my shoulder, I looked up to see Emerald staring at me with agony filled eyes. I sighed and stood up, stepping away from the bastard's body I looked over at Samuel. I slowly walked over and fell to my knees beside him, grasping his hand in mine.

"I love you." I quietly cried as I collapsed onto his chest. "Please, don't leave me."

Emerald placed her hand on my back, "It's time to wake up, Arabella." she whispered.

I tensed up, "Wh-what do you mean? I am awake!"

"Arabella." she whispered.

"What?"

"Arabella, come on, wake up!"

"WAKE UP!"

I gasped for air as I sat up, almost smacking my head on someone else's. I groaned and rubbed the sleep from my eyes before allowing them to adjust. I scanned the room, furrowing my eyebrows as I did so. What am I doing in a hospital? I then looked over to a concerned Samuel, his eyes wide with worry. It took only a few seconds until all my memories crashed into me like a tidal wave, I winced as a small headache started to make itself known. I remembered my nightmare as well and started to have the need to cry.

Samuel frowned at me, "Hey, are you okay? What's wrong?" he cooed, cupping my cheek.

My lip trembled a little before I finally let it go and hugged him. I cried into his hospital gown as he rubbed circles on my back, trying to comfort me. I cried for what felt like centuries until I had no more tears to spill. I ended up just hiccuping and sniffling against him, almost resting my whole body against him now.

"Feeling better now?" he whispered, grabbing my jaw gently.

I looked up at him, I studied him for a moment. "Yeah, thank you."

"You're welcome...may I ask, what upset you so much?" he asked quietly, softly stroking my cheek with his thumb.

"I-I had a nightmare...where...you died. Lycan...h-he killed you." I whimpered pathetically.

Samuel didn't say anything for a minute until he let out a breath. "I'm here, okay? I'm safe and I'm not leaving you, ever." he assured me.

I nodded and hugged him again, he made me look at him once more before crushing his lips to mine. We kissed passionately, pouring all of our love into it. We parted and put our heads together, the only sounds were our quick breaths. I smiled at him and he did the same, his eyes were now sparkling with awe and adoration.

"I love you and I promise you, I'll make it up to you." he whispered.

I frowned, "Make what up to me?"

"For the way I treated you when we first met, for murdering your other father." he explained, determination evident in his voice.

"I love you too." I cooed before kissing him on the forehead.

He grinned at me, he gently wrapped his arms around me and pulled me down onto the bed with him. I laid, curled up against his chest as he cuddled me. He kept kissing me every now and then until he finally nuzzled his face into my neck. His soft breaths slowly caused me to become drowsy, after only a few more minutes I was falling into sleep's welcoming arms once again.