Chapter 21

I gently wiped Samuel's forehead with a cool rag, frowning down at his whimpering form. Three days have passed now and he was only getting worse. He wouldn't wake up, all he did was moan and whimper. Emerald had returned home two days ago and ever since she's been trying to find someone to heal him. The doctor refused to continue helping Samuel, stating he doesn't deserve it. He even threatened to kill him, hatred burned in his eyes when he told us. As a solution, Emerald snapped his neck and walked away.

I was stunned by how fast and easy it was for her to kill someone like that, but then I reminded myself that she was raised to be this way. To kill anyone who threatened her or her family. Afterwards, we both started to take care of him. I would clean out his wound three times a day, but nothing was helping. The redness and swelling did go down some, but other than that, he was no different.

"How is he?"

I looked up to see Emerald walking in, a worried look on her features. I let out a sad sigh, "Not any better." I whispered.

Tears shined in her eyes, but she took a shaky breath and nodded. She sat down, gently running her fingers through his hair. He furrowed his eyebrows and whimpered some more, I gently wiped his forehead again. Emerald felt his head, her frown deepening.

"He's feeling hotter." she stated.

I clenched my jaw, "Someone has to know what to do."

"Oh, there are plenty who know what to do, but they fear him."

"What about the Immortal Royals?"

She froze, "No."

"Why not?"

"They won't help him unless we can offer something...expensive. Which so happens to be a special necklace they've been searching for. Unfortunately, we don't have it." she explained

"What necklace?" I questioned.

She looked at me, "A pure gold necklace with the Zodiac sign of the lost princess."

"What was her sign?"

"Sagittarius."

I froze, my eyes widened as I suddenly felt uncomfortable. "By any chance...did it have little flames carved into the Sagittarius sign?"

She looked up, "Yeah...it did."

I tensed up, quick to avoid Emerald's now curious gaze.

"Arabella...is there something wrong?" she asked softly, worry evident in her tone.

I swallowed, "That necklace...I have it."

Her eyes widened, "Y-you have the necklace?"

"Yes, it's mine. I've had it since I was a baby...my name is carved into the back of it." I whispered.

She didn't say anything, she only stared at me in shock. She then slowly stood up and walked over to me, I frowned at her. What the hell is she doing? She knelt in front of me and gently grabbed my face.

"I need you to take a deep breath and think of something that makes you angry. Something that makes you want to protect the one who owns your heart?"

"My heart?" I frowned.

She nodded, "Immortal Royals are very protective over the one they truly love. It doesn't have to be their mate, it just has to be...who owns their heart."

I swallowed and tried thinking of everything from the past, but nothing had me feeling angry. Then I started thinking of how Lycan threatened Samuel. The moment he had plunged that dagger into his stomach. Anger coursed through me, causing a low growl to rumble from my chest.

"Now, open your eyes." she instructed.

I took a deep breath and opened them, the minute we made eye contact she gasped. She stood up, "Oh my goddess..." she whispered.

I scrunched up my brow, "What?"

"You're...oh my goddess..."

"Emerald, if you don't tell me what the hell is going on I'll strangle you with the necklace." I growled.

She swallowed, "You're the lost princess."

"The what?"

"I should have known! Your name is Arabella like her's, you have the necklace, when you had ordered Lycan to leave he didn't have a choice. Everyone had bowed down to you and the only one able to do that is an Immortal Royal. Your eyes are a bright gold like theirs'!" she rambled.

"Emerald, what-

"A-arabella."

I turned to see Samuel looking at me, his eyes were wide with fear and pain. I gently cupped his face and smiled softly at him. He tried smiling, but I could tell it took too much energy.

"Hey, we're going to get you healed. Okay?" I whispered

He nodded, "Wh-what if...I-I can't get h-healed...in time?"

"You will be healed in time." I stated firmly, not wanting to think of that outcome.

He swallowed, tears rolled down his cheeks as he stared at me. I gently stroked his cheek with my thumb, we just stared at each other before he took a shaky breath. He then fell asleep again, his breaths quiet and slow. I looked at Emerald and gently grabbed the necklace from my neck. I held it up to her surprised eyes.

"Is this the necklace?" I asked.

She nodded, "That's the necklace..."

"Then let's go, we're leaving now." I stated firmly.

I'm not going to lose another person that I love.

Author's note: wow...this chapter kind of sucks.

Um...boom.