Chapter 16

I silently watched people twirled around the dance floor, smiles on all their faces. I looked over when I heard a loud growl, causing everyone to freeze. My eyes widened at the sight of Lycan, fear bubbled in my chest.

Before he was able to see me Samuel ordered me to hide. I frowned at him, but crawled under  the table as he stood up.

"Lycan." Samuel greeted.

"Where is she?" Lycan snapped.

"Where is who?"

"Arabella."

"She's not here."

"Then why do I smell her?"

"Her scent is on me, that's why." Samuel stated, I could imagine him smirking right now.

I crawled further and watched from under the table's cloth. I gulped as Lycan grabbed Samuel by his shirt, his eyes black.

"Where is she, Samuel?" He snarled.

Samuel narrowed his eyes, "Let go of me, Lycan."

Lycan shoved him away before taking out a silver dagger, his expression was murderous as he stalked towards Samuel. Samuel rolled his eyes and quickly grabbed Lycan's wrist.

"I suggest putting that dagger away." He growled.

Lycan smirked, "And why is that? I'm not afraid your weak ass."

Samuel sighed, "Fine, stab me."

My eyes widened as he stood there calmly, his face blank of any emotion. Lycan stared at him, surprise written all over his face. Lycan titled his head, his eyes narrowed as he studied Samuel.

"What game are you playing?" Lycan questioned.

"I'm not playing any game, Lycan. I'm not going to tell you where she is, so, stab me."

Lycan still seemed unsure as he watched him, I looked over to see the guards quietly sneaking up on him. Samuel continued to stare at my ex-mate, his expression not giving anything away.

As I went to tell Samuel to quit it, Emerald got up and stormed over to them.

"That is enough! Lycan, Arabella made it clear that she doesn't want you. Samuel, you're an idiot." She snapped.

Lycan laughed, "Emerald, darling, stay the hell out of this. Arabella is mine, she likes it or not. Now, where is she?"

Samuel grabbed Emerald and shoved her behind him as he stepped forward. "I'm not telling you." He sneered.

I gasped when Lycan stabbed Samuel in the stomach and slowly cut across. When he yanked it out the guards attacked him, I watched with horror as Lycan started to shift in their arms. Samuel coughed up blood before spitting it out and turning to face Emerald.

"Get everyone out of here." He ordered her. "Including you know who."

She nodded swiftly and ran over to the table, I quickly crawled out and started walking away a with her when Lycan yelled. I turned around to see his wolf lunging at me, but before he could grab me Samuel tackled him. Blood was smeared all over the floor as they both slid into the wall.

Samuel winced as he fought with Lycan's wolf, his arms shaking from the amount of weight he was putting on him. I gagged when I saw Samuel's shirt covered in blood.

"Arabella, let's go!" Emerald yelled, tugging on my wrist.

I looked over to see the bloody dagger on the ground, without thinking I grabbed it and ran over to Samuel and Lycan. I shoved the knife into Lycan's shoulder, he howled in pain before I pushed him off.

"Emerald, grab your brother." I ordered as I faced Lycan.

Emerald quickly grabbed her brother and started dragging him away, telling him to shut up as he argued with her. Lycan shifted back and yanked the knife from his shoulder.

"Gotta hand it to you, Arabella, you know how to keep the party going." He smirked.

I swallowed, "Get out."

"Excuse me?"

"GET OUT!"

Power surged through me, I watched as Lycan froze. He furrowed his brow as he struggled to ignore my command, however he lost the battle. With a low growl he turned and ran off, disappearing into the night.

I sighed as I saw all the dead guards, shaking my head, I searched for other guards. Once I found them I told them to take care of the others' bodies before following Emerald's scent.

I burst into Samuel's room to see him laying on the bed, soaked in blood. The sheets under him were no longer white, they were now the same color as a rose. Emerald snapped her head up and frowned, tears shined in her eyes.

"The doctor will be here in a few minutes." She whispered.

I nodded and sat beside him, on the part of the bed where there was no blood. His eyes fluttered open and locked on mine.

He smiled softly, "I'm sorry."

I frowned, "For what?"

"For h-hurting you. I-I just....I-I have issues. Clearly. You should leave." He said through clenched teeth.

"With Lycan running around?" Emerald questioned. "Hell no."

He sighed, "At least s-stay away from me. I-I only h-hurt you."

I frowned more as he got into a coughing fit, blood trickled from his mouth. He collapsed against the pillows, sweat coated his forehead. I crawled to the other side and laid beside him, gently running my fingers through his hair.

I didn't say anything, he closed his eyes and relaxed right as the doctor ran in.

"If you die, I'm going down to hell and dragging your stupid ass back here." I threatened.

He opened one eyes and raised an eyebrow, a smirk appeared on his face. "I'm looking f-forward to th-that."