Murphy// Strong love

*MURPHY'S P.O.V*

Sitting on a log by the fire, everyone danced around and had a good time. The moon was bright and the sky dark, the stars looked better down here then up on the Ark.

My eyes wandered the people who were dancing and I found Faye. The sweetest most innocent girl on the ground. No one knows why she's down here, we only know it has something to do with her parents that got floated. Apparently she was never the same, she became shy and insecure and always made sure it was okay with someone before she did something.

She moved so skillfully, her hips swaying side to side, I finally couldn't hold it in anymore.

Whenever I looked at her these... Butterflies erupted in my stomach, I stuttered over my words, and I'm cheeks always felt warm like I was blushing. There was no doubt that I loved her. She was always the nicest person ever. Even when I was angry and screaming like a madman.

I pushed myself off the log and made my way to my dancing best friend. "Faye!" I called over the music. Her head snapped up to my direction and she gave me a soft warm smile. Her smile killed me.

"Hey Murphy." She said trying to be casual. I smiled while my head shook from side to side.

"Can we talk somewhere?" I asked. She smiled and nodded and told her friends that she would be back in a while. We walked so we were at the edge of the forest. She looked around a look of fear clear on her face. The walls still weren't done and the grounders were everywhere, but this was the only place were I could think to tell her.

"I have to tell you something." I told her, she nodded. "You may not feel the same way and that's okay. I just want you to know. I mean I've never done this before so you gotta cut me some slack." I said scratching the back of my neck awkwardly.

"I'm your best friend Murphy, you can tell me anything." She replied, a small smile spreading onto her face.

I nodded and took a deep breath. "I love you Faye. For the way your eyes crinkle when you laugh or smile to your ticklish toes. I love everything about you, and I've never felt a love for something or someone this strong before." I told her, keeping my eyes on the ground the whole time.

I felt a cold hand rest on the side of my face and saw Faye with a small smile on her face.

"I love you too Murphy." She said in a soft voice.

"Really?" I asked shocked, she laughed and nodded. I let out a huge sigh of relief and then scratched the back of my neck. "Wow... I never planned I'd get this far." I told her, she giggled and put both her hands on my cheeks bringing my lips down to hers.