Chapter 29-The Past and the Present

Olivia's POV

I looked at Alexis unable to believe the words that came out of her mouth. For a second I felt the urge to slap her, but then I reminded myself that she was still Dan's wife.

"I never slept with your husband! I heard myself saying. I didn't even kiss your husband! And from what I know you left him! You cheated on him with his best friend and you left him! I'm sorry for making you think I'm the bad guy in all this, but let me remind you that I'm not! You may still be his wife in the papers, but you gave up that right a long time ago!"

I could see her turning red with rage, but I couldn't help it. Dan was gently squeezing my hand but I was too mad at that point to be stopped. How could she assume all those things and why did she act like that?

"You little...see Dan, how she is talking to me? This is the woman you want in your life? As your girlfriend? This little bitch who is being disrespectful towards me?"

And then it was Dan's turn to be filled with rage. The words that came out of his mouth were like daggers.

"Don't you EVER TALK TO LIV LIKE THAT! She is MY GIRLFRIEND! The woman I would love to get to know better and at one point spend the rest of my life with!"

I look at Dan in shock. He is breathing heavily and his face is congested by the fury. He did not say what I just heard him say. For a few moments my heart swivels with excitement and happiness to hear those words I've been waiting for six years. I step next to him and take his hand in mine, squeezing it gently. He leans towards me and whispers slowly in my ear and I nod in approval, smiling...Alexis is in shock, tears fall down her face and her expression looks like someone punched her in the face.

Just then we hear a quick knock in the door and I hurry to open. Glen. Poor Glen...I feel sorry for him. He can't look into our eyes, as he mutters some excuses and takes Alexis by the hand pulling her out of the house. The atmosphere in the apartment is still tense and me and Dan look at each other, not knowing what to say.

"Did you...did you mean what you just said?", I started.
"About what I said to Alexis? Yes, I meant every word.", he said seriously, taking my head in his hands.
"Are you sure? Don't play with me Dan...", I whispered, as tears started to pile up in my eyes.
"I meant every single word Liv...every single one of it. As for this apartment, and the one in London...I want to give up on them, I want to start fresh. With you. I want to go house hunting and plate hunting and furniture hunting and I wanna do all that crazy shit with you. But promise me one thing."
"What?"
"That you will never fucking buy those horrible blankets for the couch.", he said giggling.

At that point we both burst into laughter. A loud, from the bottom of our hearts laughter. I went into his arms, gently resting my head on his chest, listening to his heartbeats, as the sun was setting on Dublin.

*********One month later*********
London, United Kingdom

"Okay...so, I've circled some apartments...and they are at a...fairly reasonable price...", I said putting the red pencil in my mouth and smiling.
"Which areas? Oh God you look so sexy like that..."
"Hold your horses...I know we haven't had much luck with the others...But I'm hoping one of these three apartments will be our special place...And Mark and His wife were so kind to let us stay in..."
"Liv...hold on...Glen texted me...oh my God...no...", he said throwing the phone on the couch and running his fingers through his hair.

From the look on his face something bad, something really bad happened...

"Dan...what's wrong?"
"It's Alexis...she...she...", he managed to say before he burst into tears.
"Dan, you're scaring me, what happened?", I said taking his phone from the couch and reading the text message.